Jerk with drone frightens man

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/06/jerk-with-drone-frightens-man.html

2 Likes

(What a beautiful landscape. I’d live there.)

How would you know it is the first time he sees a drone? Might be “damn, that jerk is back”.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t shoot the drone…it has value. The operator of the drone however might be a good target.

4 Likes

The first time I saw someone with a quadcopter, I thought, “wow, that looks like fun.” Since a few years ago, though, the same scene automatically evokes “Christ, what an asshole.”

9 Likes

I’ve got a drone and my 107 license, I still hesitate to fly the thing just not to piss people off.

8 Likes

The player doesn’t load for me. I’ll paste in the link to the video file that I found, and maybe it will work here:

22 Likes

I believe the kids today call it “sky trolling.”

2 Likes

That’s why I always carry a can of silly string with me.

10 Likes

I hike a lot and have, on a couple occasions, run into people playing with drones who have used them to dive-bomb me, while laughing. That seems to a sport among a particular flavor of asshole.

11 Likes

I’m eating lunch here. Can I ask for a different phrasing, please?

6 Likes

That’s awful. If that happened to me regualrly I would build one of these and smash anything I caught to pieces. I’d also carry notes to leave with the remains that suggest various places they can stuff them.

9 Likes

Slingshot, washers, a few feet of dental floss or nylon line.

10 Likes

What does it matter if it’s fear or irritation? The operator is still being an asshole.

9 Likes

I’ve not been “dive- bombed” but I have had one hover over me while sunning myself in a canoe in a relatively remote mountain lake. The only thing I had at my immediate disposal was one of these:

EvsmQokxE8wi4

10 Likes

Skyyyyyy trolling!

1 Like

He thought it was an alien space ship come to mutilate his cattle.

2 Likes

A shot in the optics would probably be enough.
3 Likes

An old person! A rural person! Hilarious!

(I notice nobody wanted their name on this post.)

2 Likes

So, you write that the drone operator is a jerk and is appears the victim feels threatened and confused and yet you post it here, thereby validating it by giving is clicks and views. WTF?

4 Likes

On that other hand, the people who shoot at drones that are just passing, a hundred or more feet up, are jerks too.

shotgun

3 Likes