JetBlue passenger yells: "I’m 28, I make $4 million a year. What do you do?"

hey. I may be old…but I am not THAT old…yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

They have to be competing - once they have all the money, they move on to cocks. After that, Trump will compete in the ‘Mr. Universe’ pageant.

being frugal is why I am wealthy… that is to say that I don’t make much money but I can afford good things anyway. Little things like not having cable TV (just Netflix… it’s more than enough for the hour or two something other than kid shows can be watched) save hundreds of dollars every month.

what do I do? I work a trade earning a good living wage that I don’t need to lie to strangers about… loser. You’re 28, it’s time to grow up, kid.

Anyone else completely unsurprised that the flight is in California? Can’t wait for that fault like to remove them from the continental US. California is so damn full of it’s prissy self that they modified OSHA standards for ladder safety to make an extra step unsafe for use.

Even if you saved $200/month by not paying for cable (which sounds incredibly high to me), that’s only $2,400 a year. Your definition of wealthy doesn’t sound accurate to me.

5 Likes

I thought of responding, but he managed to come off as immature, pretentious, and insulting in one tiny post. A trifecta! :expressionless:

5 Likes

I’ve just seen that elsewhere, yes. Hey ho.

Hey, ho what? Which have you seen?

Being wealthy, but not having a lot of money? The ladder/OSHA issue? The cable vs. Netflix? Insulting several readers of BoingBoing?

Just curious.:wink:

1 Like

That’s my take too minus the anger. I usually wake up a bit during takeoff (yes takeoff) then I am out till they start the landing process. One time a well intentioned middle seater woke me up because the beverage cart was serving our row. She didn’t want me to lose out on a free can of soda. I wanted to punch her.

1 Like

Welp, we can go read up on the virtues of capitalism by @Adam_Mygrants in the neoliberalism thread…

3 Likes

This really called for a better response. Something like: “What do I do? I pleasure your wife while you’re at meetings.FOR FREE”

1 Like

7 Likes

Now you know the secret to getting rich.

It is how they stay wealthy. They make a bit at some point or another - or even over a very long period of time - then they scrimp around protecting it. Can’t blame 'em! Although miserable, it seems to work.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.