JetBlue passenger yells: "I’m 28, I make $4 million a year. What do you do?"

I’d say he isn’t going to be flying with the airline.

2 Likes

HEY!  

He has since recanted his claim, and apologized (once his name, relative location, and company he works for began to be publicized).

OOps, a little too late to the party…

1 Like

I’ll say one thing for the guy - at least he didn’t have the hide to claim he earns $4m a year.

4 Likes

Business class totally makes good sense if you need to give a presentation or show up at a meeting the same day you land, without looking like you smuggled contraband in the bags under your eyes. It’s not your own money anyway.

People flying coach on business trips are exercising exactly the same false economy that leads people to buy flimsy garbage bags or one-ply toilet paper. Sure, it cost 20% of the name brand, but if you need to use six times as much of it (plus cleaning up the garbage-strewn floor because the trash bag broke while you were taking it out, and Purelling your fingers because you accidentally stuck them up your ass while you were wiping) then you’re being unintentionally profligate, despite your attempts at frugality.

Such an elegant solution. The world would be such a wonderful place if we could make this the default option for all those boys who keep ruining everything for the rest of us in their desperation to prove something… Just throw them of the plane. Let’s start with Presidential Candidates.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Green eyes and mutant blood (elliptocytosis). Brown/grey hair these days, but it used to be green/purple/blue/orange…

This scene takes on a new meaning for me in the light of MH370 and Germanwings 9525. There really are people like that walking around and every now and then one of them will be put in charge of something critical to the lives of others.

…Fifty Shades of JetBlue??

Big deal. Here in Boston, we see the same debate over and over at rush hour on the Red Line. Someone’s always got more of something or a better something, and the big argument gets yelled out for the benefit of every poor soul stuffed into the smelly subway cattle-car.

You don’t need lots of money to be a full-blown twit.

1 Like

At least you’re not on the Orange Line.
Because the same argument would happen but:

1. The entire car would smell of dead/dying animal and saddness
  2. The train would get delayed because of “police action”

So many angry people. Ugh.

3 Likes

He should remember to get consent before playing…
The Ignominious End of Captain Carnage - YouTube
Video for captain carnage watchmen
:arrow_forward: 0:47

Jul 15, 2009 - Uploaded by Hatamoto
From the movie Watchmen - The sad tale of the (literal) decline and fall of Captain Carnage.

I just mean if he’s going to brag about himself, why not say that he has above average eyesight, too?

Go big or go home, lmao.

WTF is that smell? For real.

1 Like

Man, traveling, esp aiports/flying, I hate it, but it causes me to communicate far less than I normally would, at lower volumes, with fewer people.

I sleep. Angrily. I set brain to alert on the mention of my flight number and boarding if in terminal, and to alert upon descent if in the air. I seat at the window because I am Not going to go to the bathroom or get up so that you can. I’m going to sleep, surly, angry sleep. I don’t want your cookies or nuts or complimentary half-a-beverage if you are working on that flight, I don’t want to know why you are on the flight if you seat next to me. I am angry and I’m going to sleep to have angry dreams.

Unless I have to speak in which case I am perfectly polite.

2 Likes

It’s the unfortunate combination of fear, sadness, and desperation. And dead rats, too.

Seriously, I hate the Orange Line.

1 Like

Who said he paid for the flight? Being rich means in many cases not using your own money for stuff everyone else saves and spends for.

"Oh good then you will be able to find many people to pay your ransom, right?

So which body part do you want me to cut off as proof of life?""