Jewish couple sues Tennessee for funding anti-semitic children's home

There is no legitimate reason why any government services should be outsourced to religious groups.

The whole “faith based initiatives” has always been an illegal, discriminatory and unconstitutional grift.
It must always assumed a religious group handling public resources will discriminate unless proven otherwise.

6 Likes

I don’t like private adoption agencies but they are currently legal in the U.S. I agree that they shouldn’t get funding from the state or be seen as an outsourcing mechanism, but that’s how it will be until enough people wake up to the mega-grift that is neoliberalism.

Always count on religious fundies to make a crappy situation like that worse, though. I hope this lawsuit forces these God-bothering bigots to close down.

7 Likes

So the agencies thinking is that it would be better for a kid to rot and be victimized in a religious orphanage than be placed in a loving home. I was confused because I thought Jesus said “suffer the little children unto me” not “Make the little children suffer because of me”. Sometimes I just don’t understand.

5 Likes

Its like with any “conservative Christian” in a position of authority. There is never a bad time to act like a malicious douchebag and use religion as an excuse.

I have never met one who wasn’t a sociopath. Its what attracts people to that strain of faith.

4 Likes

Somebody please remind me what year this is. WTF

3 Likes

As I recall Jesus Himself was raised by a Jewish man who was not his biological father, and the Christians seem to think he turned out OK.

16 Likes

Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.