Two religious organizations are suing to stop Drag Queen Story Time at a public library

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/20/two-religious-organizations-ar.html

3 Likes

Some men who look different than usual are reading stories to children. The only indoctrination the children are getting is respect for different types of people. How is anything religious happening?

31 Likes

Let me guess: these are the people who think the New Testament commands Christ’s followers to take up AR-15’s.

15 Likes

But what if this encourages good Christian boys to go out in public with long hair and dresses?

51 Likes

“By bringing this lawsuit, we are unapologetically and firmly defending the civil rights movement led by pastor Martin Luther King.”

Did i seriously just fucking read this?

51 Likes

The delusion is real.

31 Likes

This sounds like the end result of believing in fairy tales. The stated logic makes perfect sense to someone who has no idea what logic is.

17 Likes

Neither secular humanism nor atheism are religions, I expect this to be summarily dismissed.

I’m not not surprised that these people have a problem with definitions, maybe the judge can pull out a dictionary for them.

Belief systems and concepts are not equal to religion.

27 Likes

I think the logic goes something like this:

“We read somewhere that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., who was assassinated decades before society began to shift toward widespread acceptance of homosexuals, may have shared his contemporaries’ low opinion of homosexuals. Therefore we can say with 100% certainty that if he were alive today he’d be on our side here.”

15 Likes

See, the civil rights movement is about MY rights and not anyone else’s. My right to enforce my religious beliefs on others. My right to say what I think to anyone without consequence.

17 Likes

they are endorsing secular humanism

But… Secular humanism is not a religion. I mean if the word secular didn’t tip you off, their doctrine is specifically about members who do not wish to be part of a religion. Seems like it passes the Lemon Test with flying colors.

16 Likes

The evidence would suggest that the self identified transgendered.

See kids, this is why the term “transgenderism” is inappropriate. Being trans is not a fucking belief system.

15 Likes

Projectionist isn’t just a job at the movie theater.

30 Likes

Honestly if LGBT was a religion then they’d have more rights. And honestly an LGBT church would be fab as fuck…

35 Likes

I’d attend service religiously

21 Likes

Adding that by having the event at the library, they are endorsing secular humanism.

File photo of the attorney who does not understand what a religion is:

9 Likes

Thanks for the idea Christians…

10 Likes

I’ve got my outfit all ready:

19 Likes

Unless I’m having a stroke and words have stopped making sense, I have no idea what that first sentence is supposed to mean. Apart from it being an incomplete, poorly formed sentence, “drag queen” doesn’t mean “transgendered” you tiny-minded bigoted goof. The two can overlap, but they are not synonymous.

As for the rest of it… wtf?! Are you kidding here? Look to your own house before you start casting stones, you faith based ideological indoctrinating hypocrites. I’ve seen public schools in our city used by churches for a number of their purposes, and children were not being excluded from attending.

I’m fuming over here.

32 Likes

Jesus knows whats up

12 Likes