Two religious organizations are suing to stop Drag Queen Story Time at a public library

11 Likes

The projection is also real (and oh, oh so strong with the right). Everything they do is about their religion (and violating the establishment clause), therefore anything that anyone does who disagrees with them is also about religion.

Although if these dudes were projectionists, it’d be impossible to see the film because they’d be projecting everything everywhere.

Expecting coherent thought from these numbnuts is an expectation too far. Everything they say might as well be fart noises for all the sense one can make out of them.

9 Likes
13 Likes

I would say John Waters, Our Lord and Savior. But always happy to learn about new performers, the names always slay me for drag queens :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Seriously, though; gimme some fabulous drag queens and I am there, no matter what the function is.

As for the Jesus/Gloria Gaynor mashup; still so mean, still so damn funny.

11 Likes
15 Likes

I… but… why… @#$$O! The thought process/argument here is just making my head hurt.

I believe the saying is something like… Don’t get into a fight with stupid, they’ll drag you down to their level and stomp you with decades of experience.

3 Likes

In the upside down world of conservative evangelical Christians, their making moves towards establishing a theocratic state in America is perfectly constitutional. But anyone else trying to do something they don’t like must be a secular humanist, which they think is a religion, and thus contrary to the Holy First Amendment. Some of them I think are completely sincere morons. The rest are the rankest sort of despicable hypocrites.

13 Likes

Oh honey, I ran across a particularly crazycakes argument the other day that was trying to justify homophobia based on the Black Civil Rights Movement. It went like this: “Blacks used to have to use the back door of the house; MLK fought so that everybody could use the front door of the house; so don’t use the back door (get it? back door).” Plus a similar argument about “sitting in the back of the bus.”

And I just…

19 Likes

Some drag queen story time videos, for those who haven’t had the pleasure in person yet:

eta: oops, one of those was already embedded in the article (puts on dunce cap), so here’s another:

16 Likes

If the frocks and dust jackets don’t clash I don’t see what the problem is.

2 Likes

rupaul-drag-race-dill-with-it

Oh, let me guess, the people running these groups are white, aren’t they? Can’t find images of the folks, but it’s usually only white people who associate King with their own bigotry…

Also, if DRAG is a religion, then I think I found a new faith!

22 Likes

Their LORD is a pillar of WP smoke by day, a column of napalm fire by night.

Dear Bozos: Secular humanism is not a religion, it’s the lack of a religion.

3 Likes

11 Likes

9 Likes

Any bets that these Commando Clowns for Christ have absolutely no idea of the content of the Drag Queen Story Time event, have no idea if it mentions god or atheism, and are only tossing in atheism because it’s “obviously godless”?

12 Likes

That argument makes perfect sense from their point of view. Secular Humanism is a competing religion.
Never mind what the Lemon Test actually has to say about Secular uses.
In their mind, all non-religious events are Secular Humanism, which is a religion, and defacto not allowed!

4 Likes

This is what you do when there isn’t any actual law against what your opponents are doing, you just make up some crazy shit and hope that whomever is in charge is sympathetic to your cause.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if one or both of the groups had their bible study classes rejected under that exact same law and are now trying to use it to stop the dirty liberals.

I also wonder how they would react to meeting the ‘Warriors for Mohammad’ and the ‘Special Forces of Islam’? Certainly they have to have some inkling of just how confrontational those names sound.

10 Likes

They are probably the kind of people who fundamentally can’t understand the idea of separation of church and state.

All law derives from God, so the idea of separating God from law doesn’t make sense. It’s crazy liberals and Satan who are trying to fool the world into thinking otherwise! They must be stopped or our souls are doomed.

6 Likes

I’d say that, in any case, the plaintiffs absolutely pass the Lemon Test.

1 Like