Jibo the social robot announces that its VC overlords have remote-killswitched it, makes pathetic farewell address and dances a final step

My HoJo memories are from around the first grade. During an 18 month period, four or five of my classmates (and myself) all had birthday parties at the local HoJo’s. So I associate positive things with HoJo’s. Also, kids of that age are not particularly astute culinary connoisseurs.

1 Like

Right there with ya buddy.

1 Like

My bleak and depressing memories of HoJos… HoJos’? HoJo’ses? Let me start over.

My bleak and depressing memories of Howards Johnson’s come from travels to New England to see my grandparents as a kid. So they’re closely linked in my mind with carsickness, boredom, unfamiliar food, and the fact that all those restaurants got a little dingier every year as the company circled the drain.

I also have warm and fuzzy memories of certain chain restaurants that were objectively no better.

1 Like

Funny thing is, after I posted that comment I looked to see if anyone had written any good hacks for them and saw that yes, indeed the back-end infrastructure was back up. Problem is, I’m not wary of solutions that are out of my control, though I am considering finding another Chumby and experimenting …

Thanks!

Sage advice in the comments:

Jibo @ 19:50.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.