Joe Jackson, musical family patriarch and Michael Jackson's famously abusive dad, has died

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/27/joe-jackson-musical-family-pa.html

1 Like

There’s a special place reserved in the afterlife for Joe Jackson, and I don’t think it’s there.

16 Likes

Here’s hoping his surviving offspring may now find some peace.

12 Likes

I try to not judge books by covers, but that dude just looks like he’d smack people around.

5 Likes

Taking a deep breath…yes, there’s that oxygen that’s been wasted for 89 years. Welcome back!

7 Likes

Well, at least there is some good news this week… ;-/

4 Likes

They say you should not speak ill of the dead… so that’s all I have to say.

21 Likes

Good riddance!

2 Likes

You think so? I think he looks friendly (in this picture), he looks rather a lot like an old indonesian guy living in the street over here. And that’s a very friendly guy. Wouldn’t hurt a fly. Maybe that’s why he looks rather friendly to me in this picture.

I guess you really can’t judge a book by the cover. (Strange saying, by the way. When it’s really about books you actually can judge by the cover most of the time.)

1 Like

cf. Bill Cosby

2 Likes

Ted Bundy always presented himself as ‘such a nice, decent guy,’ according to those who thought they knew him…

8 Likes

Not that it applies to the article in any way or to any related posts herein… I like to speak ill of the brain-dead.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

This should probably be linked back to the earlier article about certain dictators’ nice qualities.

5 Likes

Of course, of course… I was reacting to someone who said he looked mean. Just commenting on the appearances, nothing more :smiley:

3 Likes

Joe was a strong man who acknowledged his own imperfections and heroically delivered his sons and daughters from the steel mills of Gary, Indiana to worldwide pop superstardom.

There’s so much to unpack here i don’t know where to start. You won’t be missed and i’ll never have to think about you again…

8 Likes

Apparently it is attributed to comedy legend Mom’s Mabley…

8 Likes

That line was exactly what came to mind upon hearing this.

(Bette Davis said it when Joan Crawford died, too.)

6 Likes

music_JoeJackson1

11 Likes

Meh, they both had some pretty good hits.

3 Likes

In America, as long as you abuse your kids for the right reasons and make some money while doing so, it’s all good, man, it’s all good.

:cry:

7 Likes