Weird, Michael Jackson really did talk to the man in the mirror

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/10/weird-michael-jackson-really.html

2 Likes

I don´t see whats weird about this.
He was just testing his new camera.
My god, that poor man is dead for almost a decade, let him rest.

19 Likes

Some of my best conversations are with myself.

11 Likes

Egad his nose really ceased to exist after a while, didn’t it?

5 Likes

If you think that’s the weirdest thing about Michael Jackson…

5 Likes

It’s the only way to get intelligent answers.

4 Likes

In retrospect we should have started worrying when he started studying parseltongue back in the 80s.

4 Likes

What a sad, strange guy he was. His father really farked him up.

MJ’s life is the ultimate cautionary tale, IMO; money fame & success ≠ happiness, and it’s a bad idea to push your own dreams and ambitions off on your kids.

8 Likes

Yeah, though it seems like Janet came out of the whole thing pretty solid with a good head on her shoulders.

4 Likes

Yeep, no doubt

For comparison, this seems to be a good example of Jackson’s natural voice, from a moment when he was neither affecting childish mannerisms nor drugged out of his mind

( the outfit might seem over the top but he was addressing a stadium crowd and would have wanted people very far away to recognize him )

1 Like

If you watch the rehearsal footage for This Is It, it’s clear how much he’d cleaned up and how hard he was working to get back to being able to sing and dance like he used to; dude was working his ass off to perform at 100%.

5 Likes

… I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.

–Gandalf

3 Likes

Maybe it’s the other way around, and he was actually affecting something more normy in your clip? He projected that childish affect so often that it’s tough to think it was an act.

2 Likes

Well, er, he wasn’t doing it in that final drugged-out phone call he made the night he died, or whatever that was. I won’t link to it, it’s really disturbing :fearful: but it was even deeper than his arena-crowd voice. It barely sounds like the same guy, and not childlike at all.

I think there is some footage of MJ sounding like a “normal person” as he talked to his dancers during rehearsal in that documentary @nungesser mentioned, but I didn’t see any convenient clips from it on Youtube when I was looking for examples.

3 Likes

Sincere thank you. The ghoulish obsession with the sensationalized aspects of his private life has gone beyond far enough.

About voices, I know my voice changes depending on my state of mind, but it’s still my natural voice. Doens’t seem unreasonable to expect the same about anyone else.

3 Likes

Propofol is a hell of a drug.

Why is this weird? …I have seen thousands, probably millions of people do this. …Because it’s MJ it’s weird? …Leave the guy alone, he has been gone almost 9 yrs now…Rip Michael

3 Likes

What is weird how the US media always calls MJ weird even when he does something that millions of other ordinary people do. He was just testing the camera and if this is weird then he gazillion of selfies are all weird too.

Get a life already, US media. You have been being complete idiots for decades when it comes to this man.