John Boyega's resentment towards Star Wars is beginning to soften

Boyega recorded several minutes of extra dialogue for that ride that you only get to hear if the ride gets backed up near the unload area. He has to negotiate with the droids, offering them spare batteries and oil baths for their service to convince them to finish the mission.

2 Likes

The doctor put her hands over his blaster
She told him his resentment’s getting softer

–Phoebe Bridgers, “Blaster Song”

1 Like

Despite owning a veritable treasure trove of material to draw from in the expanded Star Wars universe, which millions of fans still regard as canonical today, Disney opted to create a new story instead

I mean, barely. It was a combination of rehashing elements of the original trilogy (the super-duper Death Star, Battle of Hoth but it’s salt instead of snow) and just making it up as they went along (THE DEAD SPEAK!). Disney had essentially infinite resources to throw at this trilogy. They could have made something great even without leaning on any expanded universe material. Instead they played Star Wars Mad Libs to throw together a “story” that has no coherence or continuity and squanders every interesting opportunity it manages to accidentally produce. The attitude of treating such a behemoth property so carelessly truly baffles me.

We know they can do better- they already have, with their TV offerings. Maybe they should give John Boyega a major role in a show?

2 Likes

The trilogy’s biggest sin is that it exists…

1 Like

one of his main problem with disney that they did nothing to address the racist reactions to his and tran’s prominence in the movies

moses ingram didn’t really get any better treatment from the “fans” though the reaction may have been smaller because obiwan was a smaller show … so i don’t think they’ve really changed their tune

( and while they did fire that mandalorian actor after her bigoted comments, they stayed pretty quiet on their reasons why )

they want to have non white actors but they don’t seem to want to stand up for them in any way. i imagine it’d be hard to walk back into that environment willingly

3 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

They don’t want to offend any of their audience… whether it’s the people who care about diversity in media or the bigots. They’re trying to play both sides and win.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.