John Cleese thought King Charles's coronation looked like a Monty Python sketch: 'So silly'

If it’s Fox to Stormer I’d characterise that as Far Right to Fucking Actual Nazi Fuckers.

7 Likes

A GB News clip you might find amusing (short of the explosion taking place somewhat nearer the GB Portakabin).

2 Likes

somewhat sheepishly puts head over parapets
Erm, it was the place wot I happen to work, TalkTV, that hired Piers Morgan (for the bargain price of £55M for 3 years!), that other right-wing talk / news TV channel that’s actually doing worse than GBNews.
GBN started with Andrew Neil, who fell out with the people running the channel (they were too right wing even for him), then pissed off after going on holiday for 4 weeks after launch.

TalkTV featuring Piers Morgan is the same channel who had the presenter claim that concrete grows on trees, which has the best comedy silence I’ve ever seen, as the person being “interviewed” by the presenter just lets it hang there.
To be fair to the presenter, he doesn’t care that it made him look an eejit; the views it got on YouTube were staggering.

On the bright side, I’m quite pleased that both stations are struggling, as it somewhat restores my faith in the UK public. There doesn’t seem to be an appetite for one right-wing TV station, let alone two.

Also, Sharon Osborne works here too, so my chances of meeting Ozzy at some point have improved dramatically :slight_smile:

8 Likes

How do you tell the difference between a controlled explosion and an explosion? Because they are literally the same thing you know.

Obviously I’d be happy if their faffing about and not just doing the right thing with no fuss, and no lengthy self-congratulation about what wonderful sangfroid they have, and then insisting that they need the bureaucracy filled in properly (more than my jobsworth sir, as they would say if anyone else did it), led to them being blown up. But the problem is all the other people waiting there to get them to move on. They are supposed to set an example.

If it was a fire alarm/bomb alert and I was the marshall I’d have left them there pretty much straight away. They can die on their own watch. Though I would have unplugged the equipment on the way out of course.

2 Likes

Not to veer from the topic, but they should not be.

1 Like

Thanks for the kindly correction.

Sharon terrifies me. I’d rather meet Ozzy, even if he is completely incoherent :wink: XD

2 Likes

Some people would say you shouldn’t take money from arseholes, but I say take all of their money you can, it’s better in your pocket than theirs. I hope you’re repaying them by doing a thoroughly half-arsed job :wink:

2 Likes

I see what you did there… :giggles:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.