John McAfee arrested and charged with tax evasion

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/06/john-mcafee-arrested-and-charged-with-tax-evasion.html

8 Likes

Tsk. If only he’d made a few contributions to the “right” people and said a few “nice” words on Twitter, he could be getting a pardon right now.

8 Likes

I say this counts as a Reboing.

5 Likes

It says in the article:

[via BBS].

3 Likes

By bad. I’ll wear The Ears for an hour to repent.

2 Likes

TBH, I have not the slightest idea what that means. But if it floats your boat, go for it :wink:

Anyway, on-purpose re-boing is still a re-boing. So, no real need to repent all that much.

2 Likes

There goes a great Twitter account.

4 Likes

Oh, are we still prosecuting tax evasion? I thought Donald had decriminalized that.

13 Likes

Oh good. I’ll take them off now.

3 Likes

I fear the hour was almost over anyway :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s still not late. I’m sure Barr can still intervene. It’s nothing a contribution to the right campaign can’t fix.

3 Likes

Tax evasion is so fucking easy, and he couldn’t even be bothered to file… This is who actually gets arrested by the IRS.

4 Likes

One company I worked at. The team I was on had a life size Brittany Spears poster.
If you checked in code that broke the nightly build then Brittany came to live on the wall behind your chair until someone else broke the build. I suspect the bunny ears serve a similar purpose of public shame.

5 Likes

The Ears are not bunny ears. Oh no.

3 Likes

Ohhhh now I am intrigued. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

A lot of crazy old dudes still at large. Is this going to be my future? Will I turn into a libertarian nincompoop at 65?

4 Likes

Cold.

1 Like

I honestly wasn’t trying to insinuate anything. I just realized that this is one of Rob’s posts.

Me:

4 Likes

I always think of this.

Oh, and him murdering his neighbor.

2 Likes

I guess the key is to pay $750/year instead of nothing.

Then they let you off scot-free.

3 Likes