John Oliver and the cast of Sesame Street on lead poisoning

[Read the post]

I know two kids who failed their mandatory lead screenings because (their mom confessed to me) both very highly-educated parents assumed that lead poisoning wasn’t a danger for kids in well-maintained homes.

Don’t assume that if a home has no peeling paint, that it’s safe. The same goes for any B&B, restaurant, shop, ski lodge… Probably even schools. Friction in windows/casings, doors/jambs and built-in cabinet drawers releases lead particles that settle on every surface and end up in junior’s mouth. Particles can also be generated by remodeling projects. It doesn’t matter where the building is located, or how much it’s worth. It if has lead paint that’s not encapsulated, it’s dangerous.


This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.