John Waters's Carsick: a memoir of hitchhiking from Baltimore to San Francisco

[Permalink]

John Waters directing a $300 million tentpole feature with a lot of explosions sounds like it would be the best thing ever. Maybe with Laverne Cox as the lead.

I don’t normally go for audiobooks, but the only thing that could make this better would be to hear it in Waters’ voice.

John Waters is a national treasure and ought to be granted some sort of position laureate.

Gross Out King works for me!

Question to Cory or anyone else from BoingBoing. Seems like the majority, if not entirety, of books that are discussed and have a link on where to buy them are exclusively linked from Amazon. Is this fair or ethical in showing a preference of purchase from one central business? I understand they price well, and ship fast. Especially if you have Prime, and hey i have Prime but that’s besides the point.

The question just hit me and i wanted to float it out for discussion. Not accusing anyone of any shady practices, just an honest question to think about. Don’t expect an answer. Who knows.

Is this fair or ethical in showing a preference of purchase from one central business?

On a private blog? I think so.

AFAIK, Amazon isn’t a sponsor for boingboing ATM so it just appears to be a personal preference.

If you know of someone cheaper than Amazon, perhaps suggest it to boingboing and they’ll use them and link to them in the future.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.