John Waters' new book, "Mr. Know-It-All: The Tarnished Wisdom of a Filth Elder"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/07/john-waters-new-book-mr.html

3 Likes

john-waters-corruption-time

9 Likes

The benefits of a Doctor D. education.

5 Likes

Our Lord & Savior John Waters. He’s such a wonderfully weird person.

5 Likes

I have never seen a John Waters film, and don’t really intend to, but as a fellow Baltimoron, I revere him as a local hero and national treasure, and could listen to him give interviews and tell stories all day long. I’ll be getting yet another free Audible trial with yet another junk email address just so I can listen to this latest.

4 Likes

Watch “Pecker” from 1998! It’s like a Baltimore time capsule! Plus I would argue it is the most-gentle of Waters’ catalog.

5 Likes

I think Serial Mom is up there, its my personal fave.

5 Likes

More gentle than Hairspray?

2 Likes

Love that one.

4 Likes

So you’re saying that you like the guy, but not enough to actually pay him for his work?

4 Likes

It’s a great film, Pecker. But Hairspray is more “gentle” on a number of counts.

Pink Flamingos is also very chill, easy viewing for the John Waters newbie. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ah… you beat me to it. I was gonna say (and post) the exact same thing,

1 Like

Oh, I love Serial Mom too (and the many years of dark fantasies involving me killing over the pettiest of slights), but I still say that “Pecker” is the easiest to relate to, the most accessible of Waters’ films.

Hairspray has some really, really great music.

2 Likes

I loved Pecker. I took it in, over and over again. Frankly, I couldn’t get enough of it, and my only complaint was that I wished it had been a bit longer.

Plus, full credit to Waters for introducing Teabagging into the parlance of our times.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.