Johnny Depp Pimps Beer in Japan

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/02/johnny-depp-pimps-beer-in-japa.html

Obligatory…

19 Likes

Anyone know if the keffiyah is any sort of political statement for Depp, or just a casual appropriation? It never seems to be an effortless cool with that guy.

New-man on the other hand…

1 Like

Hollywood stars (Paul Newman, Tommy Lee Jones, and many others) have a long history of making commercials in Asia that no one in the west gives a shit about.

Fixed this for you. Why in the bloody hell is this noteworthy? Hollywood stars plug goods, products, services all over the damn world and no one ever gives a flying eff about it. Its how they make money.

2 Likes

Not bad.

Who’s the other guy?

Obligatory Suntory.

11 Likes

Hey, the guy’s gotta feed his family.

2 Likes

Depp’s agent is the one pimping here.

1 Like

All the world loves a lover…

3 Likes

Johnny Depp announces his career is over.

3 Likes

That was just slightly over the top.

3 Likes

So, do you think he had a date coming over later in the evening, or does he just routinely soak himself in Mandom before settling down with a good book?

2 Likes

1 Like

Wow, how did everyone else miss Arnold?

2 Likes

I like the ads with Tommy Lee Jones playing an alien who is studying Earth. Some of the earlier ones have subtitles, but not all of them. I do want to try the coffee drink he is pushing, but I’m not sure if I can find here in the wasteland I reside in (Nashville).

1 Like

Wait;

0:14 Helicopter appears
0:16 Hawk takes off
No more hawk?

4 Likes

The helicopter is loud, why would he stay around?

1 Like

True, but I was thinking of minced hawk…

3 Likes

Masaharu Fukuyama, master of syrupy ballads and other popular entertainment.

1 Like

The tagline translates as:
“With Man Dom, you no longer need a date.”

2 Likes