Jon Stewart talks about the chilling warning he gave Bezos at the White House

As Stewart tells it, Bezos discussed what he sees as the economy of the future, one that relies on service workers to perform tasks. Stewart said he disagreed, that people want to feel proud of their work, and feel like they’re contributing to society and not just “running errands for people that have more than you,” Stewart said he told Bezos.

“I think he views everybody as like a part of a fulfillment center,” Stewart said. “And so I said, ‘I think that’s a recipe for revolution.’ And then, like, kind of a hush falls over. And then you hear Obama from across the couch go, ‘I agree with Jon.’”

While Stewart’s jab at Bezos occurred at least five years ago, criticism of the Amazon founder and his company’s business model has ramped up in recent years as employees have increasingly spoken out about grueling working conditions and an intense focus on meeting lofty goals, all in the name of Amazon’s “customer obsessed” company culture.

15 Likes

Stewart/Ruffin 2024!

13 Likes

What a perfect description of life for most of us under neoliberalism.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.