Josh Hawley lost his book deal, haw haw

Maybe, but I’m hoping that frozen peach fetish dies out soon. Seems like it’s been fading for awhile now.

21 Likes

Possibly silly question - why did Hawley, Cotton, Cruz and co. run and hide from the rioters - they’re on the same side aren’t they?

15 Likes

While I don’t want to give any of those assholes too much credit for intelligence, I suspect they’re smart enough to realize who they weaponized. They didn’t point a gun and pull a trigger, a form of attack they would have some degree of control over. They poured gasoline and lit a match. They were just smart enough to realize they’d be every bit as likely to burn as the intended targets once the blaze really got burning.

23 Likes

I saw an image of one terrorist with a trump flag flying above the Georgia flag. Like, the Republic of Georgia. I wouldn’t trust these dimwits to be informed enough to recognize and protect me even if I was Cheetolini himself.

Edited to clarify the class of trash we’re talking about.

8 Likes

Josh Haw-Haw was going to do that anyway, at least it is an official cancelling now.

3 Likes

All that rage and hate fired up by a mob mentality. I’d say nobody was safe. Now there were definitely people in that building who would be LESS safe. Popular or well known democrats whose faces might be recognized, women, POCs. They were certainly most likely to be targeted and in the greatest danger. But I suspect that the average republican congresscritter was wise to not assume safety in that crowd and to hide, even if they intended to vote against the count. That mob of terrorists was out for blood and it would behoove republicans to realize that fact.

Edited to not repeat myself too much.

9 Likes

Arson 101.

11 Likes

He can always publish it online for free. He can email it to all his friends and donors. He can lobby to have it included in the next iPhone release. He can read it aloud on local access cable.

But yes, he’ll gripe about being silenced.

26 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: Brazen Sexism?

Let the whining commence.

29 Likes

It’s really adorable that the guy from the “FREEDUMB!!! YOU CAN’T MAKE ME DO WHAT I DON’T WANT TO DO!” party thinks he has a First Amendment right to force a private business to publish his book. And these are the people who claim to be constitutionalists.

28 Likes

Not just constitutionalists, but constitutional lawyers.

22 Likes

This could not be more Orwellian.

I’m not sure about that. Orwell shot fascists, then later worked for the Ministry of Information during WW2.

21 Likes
5 Likes

Hawley-88

19 Likes

I kind of wonder what the publisher was expecting in terms of sales in the first place? I would have been very surprised if it was a big seller.

4 Likes

This disingenuous fuck. Last night, after the insurrection, Hawley thought it necessary to retell the absurd nonsense lies about the PA election. It was well played to have PA Senator Bob Casey speak next, and his reply to Hawley’s bullshit is worth watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4981&v=iR729TRvM7c

14 Likes

The first question is why Simon & Schuster, a serious publisher in the business of making money on books, would commission a book from Hawley in the first place? The obvious answer is that someone must have decided that he would soon become a more national political figure, a successor to McConnell or even Trump. After yesterday the accountants at S&S must have decided that Hawley’s future is a bit dimmer.

He can probably move his book to a publisher like Regnery, which is more interested in publishing to move an agenda than it is in making a profit.

(ETA: I see @AnthonyI asked my first question!)

7 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 8.19.32 PM

40 Likes

He’ll find a nice home at Regnery Press.

1 Like