Footage: Josh Hawley riled up the Jan 6 rioters-then fled congress as fast as his feet could carry him

Originally published at: Footage: Josh Hawley riled up the Jan 6 rioters-then fled congress as fast as his feet could carry him | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Josh Hawley GIF by GIPHY News

Run, fascist, run!

36 Likes

It’d be funny, if it wasn’t horrifying. These fucker knew what they were doing.

29 Likes

Light blue touch-paper, and then retire to a safe distance. I do hope that Jan 6th blows up in the traitors’ faces, like a box of dodgy fireworks.

21 Likes

We’re all laughing at this fascist coward today. Let’s make sure it’s never forgotten.

25 Likes

Laughter is the kryptonite for these assholes. They cannot tolerate being the butt of the joke. It destroys their intimidation and terror tactics, and honestly, that’s the only game they have. Ridicule away!

33 Likes

Humiliate every last one of them.

15 Likes

That’s “Sprintin’Josh Hawley” to you, stranger, the man who put the ‘running’ in ‘running for office’.

15 Likes

The Twitter thread includes some comments like, “what this shows is a congressperson running for his life. We should be infuriated, not laughing!”

Umm, I will be infuriated on behalf of all the congresspeople and staffers who did not encourage a deadly coup attempt. Not this guy.

24 Likes
11 Likes

To put 2 and 2 together:

11 Likes

Well, as for me, I am laughing my ass off. You sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind. But yes, I will feel outraged for the innocent people his treasonous remarks put in danger. For him, though?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

16 Likes

And who’s to say laughter and um, infuriation can’t go together?

In fact, with these assholes, maybe infuriation is a dish best served with laughter!

For me, this kind of laughter also feels good because it comes with the joy of seeing at least some of these Nazis reduced to the spiteful, and relatively harmess, little children most of them are inside.

20 Likes
26 Likes

Remember when for a hot second they thought Ted Cruz had fucked them over and where ready to add him to the list?

These idiots are naive to think they are immune - especially if Trump turned against them.

The testimony about radio chatter with security and secret service freaking out also speaks to how serious the situation was.

8 Likes

Next time a Trumpist mob storms the Capitol, it would be fun to run into the chamber shouting “Oh God, Trump just started posting a list of his enemies on Truth Social – and your name is on it! And yours … and yours!”

They could call it the Josh Hawley Memorial 5K and make it an annual event.

16 Likes

The Josh Hawley Memorial 5k should be a t-shirt, at least.

18 Likes

9 Likes

12 Likes

I think a more appropriate title would be (hopefully soon to be former) Senator Runaway.

8 Likes