Footage: Josh Hawley riled up the Jan 6 rioters-then fled congress as fast as his feet could carry him

“Hawlin’ ass” is trending.

8 Likes

Beyond the fist pump, he was the first senator to say he was going to challenge proceedings on Jan 6.

11 Likes

Here’s my regular reminder of the text of the 14th Amendment, Section 3:

Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

12 Likes

I personally find the excuse “I had diarrhea, OK?” can be used in almost any situation.

9 Likes

You mean he was shitting himself? Figures.

5 Likes

Stephen Colbert Fireworks GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I have to laugh to keep myself from crying, tho. You should see my family funerals. We laugh, we cry, we hurl (sometimes).

12 Likes

As usual, Michael Harriot has an excellent explanation for why Hawley deserves what he’s getting now:

9 Likes

o brother where art thou GIF

3 Likes

wow that case he mentioned where hawley protected a sheriff with a history of abuse and violence when the sheriff clearly murdered a man… it’s a rough read :confused:

7 Likes

That’s it. Best idea evar. You should tweet that towards AOC or someone with a mega-tweeter-phone.

1 Like

Somebody else will need to do it for me, as Twitter doesn’t love me any more. If you have a Twitter account, feel free.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.