Josh Hawley is selling a “not a pro-riot mug,” which also is a copyright violation

Originally published at: Josh Hawley is selling a "not a pro-riot mug," which also is a copyright violation | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Emphasis on the “white”.

Make no mistake, Hawley is one of the most dangerous fascists sitting in Congress. Watch him carefully.

49 Likes

No such thing as strong white coffee, bro. Just as there is no such thing as a strong white supremacist.

37 Likes

Oh, you know it is.

42 Likes

OMG, I hate that guy! He goes on and on about masculinity, but I’m more butch than him, and I’m a small flock of hen turkeys in a meadow. Missouri deserves better, like a senator who actually lives in the state, and isn’t a fascist.

47 Likes

I’m among many Boing-Boingers who believe that the Fairey poster was a clear example of transformative work that shouldn’t have been considered a copyright violation. That settlement was made in part because Fairey screwed up his legal case by lying and fabricating evidence rather than just being honest from the get-go.

So in the interest of consistency I also don’t think this stupid mug that this treasonous idiot is selling should be considered a copyright violation either. The man is guilty of serious crimes and belongs in prison, but not for this.

19 Likes

“not a pro-riot mug”

The weird thing about this is that conservatives themselves have gone back and forth about Jan. 6th for the last year. Video of the rioters taken that day as they were leaving showed them proud, some wishing they had been more violent. And in the months that followed there was this tug of war over the narrative, ultimately “the FBI was to blame” was chosen as their favorite excuse.

9 Likes

hawley: so contemptible that his own political mentor disavows him. another guy who is smug in his belief that he is always the smartest guy in the room. and yet another GOP rat who gives not one shit about the future of our country, unless he is the one making it in his own white image. fuck him. where is a nazi-puncher when you need one?

22 Likes

I did NAZI see that coming.

13 Likes

LOL. I regret that I can give but one like to this comment.

22 Likes

“Laws are for other people mug” would be a better name for it.

13 Likes

Oh look, it comes with a whistle!

11 Likes

“Liberal tears.” Oh, what happened to their cries for “Unity?”

5 Likes

Observations:

• Handwash only because just like the typical profa (love that!), it’s very fragile.
  • Holds only 11 oz because it can’t hold a full beer (which is 12 oz).
  • The image needs a black glove on that raised fist a la the '68 Olympics.

Regarding the amateurish design, one thing I note is that there might be too many typefaces in play here. What other elements make the design amateurish? Just curious, as I’m working to develop my own non-existent design skills (or at least design eye).

6 Likes

18 Likes

How again is this racist ass-clown not in jail?

5 Likes

X-All-The-Y_phixr

11 Likes

I’d buy this one.

Well actually I wouldn’t. But it reflects his character more accurately.

18 Likes

I would buy that one, just as long as he didn’t get any of the profits.

5 Likes

to be fair, the “strong” in question seems to be intended to tie to the “Show Me” part – Missouri’s state motto – so he’s trying to say he’s “Show Me Strong” or whatever.