"Journalism Jesus" rises from the grave to tweak the nose of Russian intelligence officials

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/30/journalism-jesus-rises-fro.html

6 Likes

Wow. Just wow.

11 Likes

It’s one Hell of a thing.

3 Likes

This can’t go by without taking note of his sweatshirt. The wheel in this guy keeps on turning.

3 Likes

Good for him; I hope he stays alive and healthy for a long time to come.

12 Likes

Let’s see. The Ukraine security service (assumedly authorized by the Ukraine government) has made an arrest that may lead back to FIS with that logically pointing back to Putin (with his history involving pro-Russian Ukrainians, that being a sensitive issue with Ukraine; see link below). You have Ukraine dissing Mueller (again, see the link) which helps Trump. You have pro-big business Trump and the Industrial Military Complex re missiles. I see a lot of unsavory business here and some serious ball-juggling required by Ukraine and Trump and – yes – Putin.

3 Likes

I was so depressed when I saw the news that yet another prominent critic of Moscow had been killed. I don’t know what Ukraine’s strategy is here, but I’m happy to see he’s still alive.

7 Likes

I was disappointed not to see the classic quote: “rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated!”

5 Likes

"Journalism Jesus"

He’s a friend of mine, do it in a sign songie voice.

2 Likes

They better have a strategy because right now the Kremlin and its Western lapdogs will be able to point this as fake news defaming Russia.

5 Likes

Christ what a journalist!

7 Likes

I love how the Russians jumped the gun (so to speak) with their usual “tsk-tsk, these things happen, too bad these journalists are so careless”, only to find that it didn’t happen. Now we’ll see how many cut-outs were placed between the Russian intelligence apparatus and the hitman-turned-informant (with only a $40k contract, I’m guessing not many).

6 Likes

I sure wouldn’t want to be the carrier of his life insurance policy. I can’t imagine he’s gonna get to die of old age.
And good for him for standing up to one of the worlds worse villains.

2 Likes

I’d have guessed the other way, that if the hitman was hired cheap, then there was probably several levels between him and whoever fronted the cash (with each level taking some more cash off the top).
I’ll admit that the economics of assassinations aren’t really my area of expertise though :wink:

1 Like

Anticommie News fakes you.

The lesson from today: Ukraine’s spy agency can & will stage fake assassinations and blame it on Putin. And Western hacks & dezinformatsia-warriors will run their fake news, so long as Russia is the villain.

Now the question is—how many more “Putin murders” has Ukraine staged?

— Mark Ames (@MarkAmesExiled) May 30, 2018

2 Likes

My worry is that another attempt might be made with less consideration for it being neat ‘n tidy, and that innocents will be collateral damage. That area has seen a lot of death.

They’ve been doing that anyway, haven’t you noticed?

1 Like

OK, but how does he ever get to resume his profession again? Putin is out there. He can’t be bargained with. He can’t be reasoned with. He doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop… ever, until you are dead.

Let’s just hope the journalist’s rescuer knows how to hotwire a car.

1 Like

Hopefully someone will stop by and say ‘Come with me if you want to live’…

Yeah, I, too, thought it was a risky stunt. In strategic terms, faking someone’s death is either a way to ensure their safety, or a ploy to get a foe to reveal their game. The former is out of question, and l’m not in the impression that the latter was accomplished either, so all that’s left is something that you can objectively call “fake news” at a time when this notion feeds some appalling narratives.

1 Like