Judge blocks Arkansas law that made it a crime to let kids read "harmful materials"

Originally published at: Judge blocks Arkansas law that made it a crime to let kids read "harmful materials" | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Weird to think that as recently as 2009 the Republican First Lady of the United States was a librarian.

Also incredibly weird that the Republicans of the George W. Bush era now look like learned academics compared to the Republicans of today.

26 Likes

Anything the GOP/GQOP can do to prevent people from thinking critically and keep themselves in power they’re going to do.

7 Likes

The hate right-wingers have for librarians is something to watch out for.

I’ve said it before: it’s an unwise move to go up against librarians and archivists. They’re tough and dedicated and they always win out in the long run.

12 Likes

The Republic of Texas even had a “war” over their archives. It didn’t last long, and I don’t know that any actual archivists were involved, but the fact that there is a historical conflict officially called the Texas Archive War tells you how important libraries and archives have been.

5 Likes

I wonder if someone is going to go after the hotel chains, for allowing only a book in their room that has explicit sex, incest and murder scenes.

4 Likes
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.