GOP lawmaker offers an unlikely excuse for his wife who has been "swapping out books" and adding Bibles at libraries

Originally published at: GOP lawmaker offers an unlikely excuse for his wife who has been "swapping out books" and adding Bibles at libraries | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Interesting use of first person plural (or “royal we”?) in “…don’t align with our Christian values…”

Clearly the person whose collection she’s changing isn’t part of that first-person.

18 Likes

i bet she would unironicly say the LGTBQ books were promoting grooming of children.

11 Likes

I see. So she mentioned swapping out books, and then immediately, for no particular reason, completely unrelated, mentioned Pride books that don’t align with her Christian values. How dare those nasty leftists take her words out of context by, uh… leaving them in context?

38 Likes

She: “From what I have seen, a lot of these books and other things don’t align with our Christian values. Today I saw a bunch of Pride stuff in one.”

Meeks’ husband said that her words were being taken out of context…

Mr. Meeks appears to be suffering from the malady typical for the GOP and their followers: Hyper-minimization of Context.

32 Likes

I’m genuinely surprised he felt the need to defend her. As far as I can tell, this isn’t illegal and it counts as owning the libs, which should be popular with his constituents. That he thinks he has to lie means he actually thinks popular opinion is against her on this. Maybe there’s hope yet.

34 Likes

How dare you believe what my wife said instead of the make-believe scenario I just concocted in my head.

22 Likes

There was a recent poll in Arkansas’ competitive districts to determine issues that could pull Democratic and independent support for Democratic candidates. Republicans skullduggery with trying to censor and defund libraries was the most popular issue that would file up people to vote for a Democrat. Conway, where this lady has been policing LFLs is one of many hot beds of Conservative interference in Library operations, much to the general public’s disgust.

I suspect this is one reason her husband was so quick to jump to her defense. Plus, there’s the whole appearance of stealing books, etc.

24 Likes

It is amazing that these “christians” have zero problem with bald faced lies.

20 Likes

Funny, isn’t it, that flat out lying and hypocrisy never seem to activate the concerns for sins that they bother about? IOKIYAR!

11 Likes

… as in the capital Us

She also mentioned who her personal Them is :rainbow_flag:

11 Likes

“…pulling Pride books out of these little libraries and replacing them with bibles and nothing is further from the truth”

She did it.

She said it (proudly I might add).

And… you’re lying.

17 Likes

Does telling rather transparent lies about your wife’s activities also align with your Christian values?

11 Likes

Well, ya know, thou shalt not steal and all that. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Right before heading to teach her CCD class, right? But no, that’s not indoctrination (despite the D literally standing for Doctrine!) right? :roll_eyes:

How long before a picture and/or video of her taking out all the LGTBQ books from one of these libraries and replacing them with a bunch of Bibles gets released? Do you think we’ll make it to the weekend before that happens?

8 Likes

She was just sourcing kindling.

8 Likes

Meeks has drawn quite a bit of criticism for her self-appointed role as an officer of the promotion of Christian virtue and prevention of Non-Christian vice squad,

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail

7 Likes

Isn’t there something in the Xtian Bible about “bearing false witness”? :thinking:

12 Likes

And either he or his wife is bearing false witness.

8 Likes

And F you for trying (poorly) to gaslight everyone. Stephen.

13 Likes