Judge to hear $7.2B plaintiff’s lawyers fee request in Elon’s Tesla pay package fiasco

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/08/judge-to-hear-7-2b-plaintiffs-lawyers-fee-request-in-elons-tesla-pay-package-fiasco.html

6 Likes

let them fight fighting GIF

9 Likes

ey! you can’t use that meme when… you’re… one… of them!

(i kid i kid. sure, knock yerself out. the courts are essentially pay to play now anyways [manic laughter … foot fall … door slam])

6 Likes

Now? Oh that’s cute that you think that’s a new thing.

feels game of thrones GIF

7 Likes

:: sits back and munches on popcorn :: /silly

2 Likes

They only thing more obscene than Musk believing he deserves a $60 billion compensation package are lawyers who believe they deserve a contingency of $7 billion.

4 Likes

It’s only 11% of obscene.

4 Likes

Can I hope that they Jarndyce and Jarndyce all the money away?

2 Likes

If the compensation package had fallen through there is no doubt they would be entitled to it, the law is very clear on that.
The issue is that after it was voided by the judge, the shareholders went and voted for it again, in a procedure completely independent from the previous judgement (and this one is also being litigated on its own)
So, are the lawyers entitled to their cut of the money that they saved the shareholders if later the shareholders decided to waste it anyways?

3 Likes

I was talking with some fairly prominent investment bankers earlier today. They are not impressed in the least with how Musk is running Tesla and are avoiding the stock on behalf of their clients.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.