Elon Musk's continuing struggle to be overpaid

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/03/elon-musks-continuing-struggle-to-be-overpaid.html

7 Likes

Christ, what an asshole. And if he gets the money, then what’s he going to do with it that he can’t already do?

21 Likes

“Oathbreakers”?

Dude has forgotten how a publicly held company works.

16 Likes

Do tell what this “oath” is…

gene wilder suspense GIF

10 Likes

Probably some kind of declaration of fealty followed by blood sacrifice.

Church Blood GIF

5 Likes

I assume that pretending that it’s personal is both something that comes naturally and more attractive when your proposal is abject lunacy when judged by strictly business criteria…

Extra hilarious to see one of the SEC’s more defiant children and someone who has required more than one instance of delaware discipline fretting about people who don’t uphold their obligations.

9 Likes

I have a horrible feeling that I know where Musk got that from. After all, he does run a Nazi bar.

8 Likes

:thinking:

Tesla Stock 1,000% Overvalued, 'Disconnected From Reality': Analyst - Markets Insider

7 Likes

Is it a coincidence that he’s asking for a bit more than what he paid for Twitter? I’m thinking that in his private thoughts he feels like he wants to get his money back for that stupid decision, and he feels like the universe owes it to him to give him whatever he wants in some form or other.

15 Likes

Episode 8 Showtime GIF by Shameless

13 Likes

So how much larger than 1000% disconnected is:

Hmm one box is not showing it but: Truth Social

3 Likes

… when I find a good quote, but it’s on Yahoo or something, I try to find a better source for it

Tesla is a terribly overvalued stock that I think is worth closer to $26 per share instead of its current price of about $290 per share.

It has been confusing because that article is attributed to two different people

I guess one of them works for the other one

Tesla’s 2Q23 Earnings Confirm Our Thesis that TSLA Is One of the Most Overvalued Stocks

4 Likes

Yeah, that was my first thought as well.

3 Likes

What value is Musk providing Tesla? The company would be doing much better without his meddling in their product development, among other things.

11 Likes

You can always be a bigger asshole

4 Likes

I’d be completely unwilling to consider paying anyone even $55 million for a job, let alone a thousand times that!

If they’ve got $55 BILLION to waste on Elmo, then workers aren’t getting paid enough and the product is too expensive.

21 Likes

If it takes $55B to make him want to get out of bed in the morning, he should see a doctor.

7 Likes

Really? Because the stock peaked November 1st, 2021, and has been falling since.

11 Likes

So do feel the gravy train will continue?

1 Like

Who is giving him support and what’s in it for them? He’s a laughingstock and a liability. I have a hard time imagining anyone at Tesla or X who wouldn’t be relieved to see him gone, let alone denied extravagant rewards for his incompetence.

6 Likes