As institutional investors vote no on his $47 billion pay package, Elon says, “Look at this robot”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/12/as-institutional-investors-vote-no-on-his-47-billion-pay-package-elon-says-look-at-this-robot.html

10 Likes
2 Likes
12 Likes

Does Musk’s achievements list include “recall several thousand Cybertrucks due to a stuck pedal”?

How about firing the whole Supercharger team in a fit of pique?

Diverting GPU resources from Tesla to X?

Sure, he’s the world’s #1 boss! (\s) Though the way they chose to represent the 1 on the mug, as a hand with an upraised finger, is an interesting choice …

13 Likes

To solve that Fool-Self Driving problem?

83d65b984d19e4f68945a92ebe0aa073

10 Likes

Uncle Herbert, his bird drinking.

3 Likes

I don’t actually maintain a list of People Who the World Would Be Better Off Without, but if I did, Musk would be climbing the charts.

6 Likes

$47 billion pay package?

IMG_4542

13 Likes

Just think, they could take that amount of money and give all the homeless people in America (about a half million) a free apartment for 10 years (a rough calculation assuming $1000/month cost). Or lots of other good uses.

16 Likes

Will Musk’s tantrum end up being large enough to justify an 8-K filing; or will he resort to just quiet quitting like a millennial stereotype to spend more time shitposting?

6 Likes

That pay package is nearly twice the GDP of Iceland - an actual country of 400,000 people with one of the highest standards of living on the planet. All that money - for one person.

15 Likes

Of all the times for me to finally get banned from Twitter, it’s when I have plenty of things to tweet at Earth’s Dumbest Billionaire.

I guess I could send him mail. Does he have a mailing address, or does he just couch-surf with various Weird Tesla Nerds?

7 Likes

Isn’t he GenX?

3 Likes

Let’s say you make $100,000 a year. Pretty damn good salary. Now, it takes you ten years to make a million. It takes you 10,000 years to make a billion.

There are an almost ungodly number of good uses to use that money for.

And he wants $47 billion. No.

14 Likes

i like how that list has the same bullet point twice. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Come on, don’t these sales figures compared to the industry deserve $47B?

11 Likes

$47 billion TrumpBucks, maybe. Now accepted (for now) only at Mar-a-Lago, Bedminster, Trump Tower, and MAGA rallies.

3 Likes

How would we tell?

5 Likes

Musk deflected from his car company’s unraveling by suggesting that Tesla is not, in fact, a car company at all. Tesla, he said, “should be thought of as an A.I. or robotics company. If you value Tesla as just like an auto company, you just have to—fundamentally, it’s just the wrong framework and it will come to be.”

5 Likes

And WeWork is not just a property management company…

At least they don’t have any “creepy spyware” in mind:

Ashok Elluswamy, Tesla’s director of autopilot software, elaborated that “unlike laptops and our cell phones,” self-driving cars’ computing power would be “totally under Tesla’s control. So it’s easier to distribute the workload across different nodes as opposed to asking users for permission on their own cell phones,” which Elluswamy called “very tedious.”

9 Likes