Julian Assange dragged from Ecuador's embassy in London and arrested

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/11/julian-assange-arrested.html

5 Likes

So it wasnt about Swedish rape charges after all?

7 Likes

RAPIST ARRESTED*

*Not for rape, but still…

Oh, wait…

7 Likes

He was arrested for skipping bail to avoid the Swedish rape charges.

No word yet on whether Sweden will re-instate them (they could). They only put them on hold because it was clear Assange was safe in his tree and not coming out soon.

15 Likes

He’s put on a few years recently.

Oh wait, that’s Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.

I wonder if Assange’s new look is deliberate or if he’s going Howard Hughes-y?

14 Likes

Same level of oppression. <-- <-- <–SARCASM

4 Likes

Should he really fear being extradited to the US? There are few people who have done more to help Trump win the election…

6 Likes

It’s Hughes.

9 Likes

…and something of value may have been lost, but we won’t know until Fancy Bear hacks Assange’s emails and posts them to Wikileaks.

Look for an announcement from Roger Stone this afternoon.

This is the original complainant’s lawyer.

16 Likes

But his cat. What about his cat?!? Is it okay?

21 Likes

I assumed it was about the cat too but the cat’s been gone a while.

4 Likes

Thank God.

3 Likes

Weren’t there allegations from two women?

8 Likes

One was forcible rape and the other was a lesser-penalty sexual assault charge. I think, but I should probably look it up, the lesser charge is past a statute of limitations.

9 Likes

Jennifer Robinson, Assange’s lawyer, confirmed on Twitter that her client was “arrested not just for breach of bail conditions but also in relation to a US extradition request.” Robinson did not immediately respond to requests for further comment.

Thank goodness that suspense is over.

7 Likes

Most interesting part in that article: “Assange was slapped with a new set of house rules in October including cat care, personal hygiene, and internet use.”

How was he living that the embassy had to add rules of personal hygiene? Maybe the Howard Hughes analogy isn’t wrong.

8 Likes

I guess he’ll get to testify against Stone, Manafort and Trump jr now.

15 Likes

I’m going to add this to my personal list of “Questions I never really want the answer to.”

17 Likes

The Donald has been pretty bullish on Wikileaks, maybe he’ll slip Assange a pardon? Or at least a Whopper with a file in it?

15 Likes