Just look at this password-dispensing banana

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Men hvis man bare kigge pĂĄ bananen, fĂĄ man ikke et password.

“Rør bananen” => “touch the banana”

4 Likes

Just look at this password-dispensing** ketchup**. When the wrong password is entered.

8 Likes

I’m trying to think of anywhere I’ve ever worked where this wouldn’t get shut down by HR before as soon as they found out.

I do not know what I am looking at.

4 Likes

I’m hungover too!

1 Like

Minions approve.

1 Like

Before I followed the link I had guessed that maybe the banana was part of a radioactive decay random number generator; imagine my disappointment when I learned it was just being used as a pushbutton.

4 Likes

The first thing that comes to mind is that people will share their cold and flu germs by touching the banana (in the article, SysVival the sysadmin says he’s not ever planning on replacing the current banana with a new one).

Other potential hazards include an infestation of fruit flies, and someone disconnecting the alligator clip and stealing the banana because they forgot their lunch.

1 Like

And here I was imagining some minimally-socialized sysadmin telling a co-worker, “want a password? Here, finger my banana.”

You can also use cat litter as the radiation source.

For discouraging tampering, used one can be utilized.

Your approach is flawed; I’ll just hit the banana with a $5 wrench till it tells me your password.

10 Likes

Hi mom!!! I’m on BoingBoingTV!!!

4 Likes

If you hit me, I am going inside you. Go ahead, try me.

1 Like

Inside him, or all over him?

Why not both? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that a password in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.