Just when you think this dune-riding motorcycle rider is a goner...

Yes, it’s called cheating death.

6 Likes

I’m incredibly hard to impress.

I’m impressed!

3 Likes

I didn’t (couldn’t) watch the entirety of Timerider (1983) since it seemed so silly at the time way back when… but now the trailer makes me think I should have another go at it. The one scene I sort of remember from the movie: Bad guy – flabbergasted – saying “He’s riding… ON TWO WHEELS!!” or words to that effect.

2 Likes

My dreams are kinda the same, only running on a̷̙͒l̶̝̍l̵̖̂ f̵̪̍o̴̡̕u̶̧̅r̶̻͑ l̶̪̉̊è̶͍̖̍g̵̢͕̈́s̵̝̋͌ ẁ̷̛̞h̵̢̨͘ę̴̛͖̈́͜n̵̤̋̅̈̌ ̵̲̆̓t̴̩͖̆̀h̵̨̗̯̒̔ȅ̶̪͖͔͙̿ ̶̜͕̦͈͌̕͝͝g̸̝͓̟͈͌͋͌̐̀́r̵̫͙̮̪͈͓̱̓͒̈́̋̀́ó̷̊ͅu̶̡̮͍̹̹̥̒̈́̽͊̽͝ń̷̘̬̂̽̕̚͘͝d̸̡̺̤͎̙̭͐̄͒͐͆̕͝f̷̤̪͖̜̹͉̪̯̈́̈́̄̿̆́͜ą̷̛̿̎l̴̢̲̳͉̪̈́̄ļ̷̫̫͍̝͉͕̭͔͂̓̔̉̚s̷̨͇͔̬̺̳̥̹̰͛͗͊̊̀̌͜ ̵̡̪̻̣̮̭̮̞̇͌̑̓͒͐̋̚͜ͅa̶̡̱͙͇̭̰̯̒͊̂ŵ̶͍͖̹̹̯̤̱̽̏̅̈́͠ą̷̼̾͘y̴͖̎̋̅

ä̴̯̤̥̦̓͌̆̄̓̿n̷̛͓͇̬̩͎̙̰͎̺̋̆́̈̚d̶̜̜̠̜̱͔͉̿̅͠ ̷̞̬̝͒̈͂ÿ̶̙̹̺͈̒͋̕͝o̶͕̭̘̗͖̽͠u̷̫̪̲̬̓́͒̀͋͑ ̶̖̩̣͉̭͛͐͑̓͜͠t̴̡̛͈̣̍̀̇̓̚ū̷̜͎̭̗͕̒͐̔͗͘̚m̵͎̱̗̃̍͗͊̀b̵̡̲͕͓̙͎̅̍͒̒̍̇̋̚ͅl̵͍͌́́̾͋e̷̥̬̍ ̵̹͇͉̩͔̘͔͗ͅȉ̵͓̹̦̏̾͑͠͝n̸̛̞̲̻̫̣͔͚̽̉͒̾͂͐̊̌́ṫ̸̬̲͎̮̫̘͔͕͉̼́͑́̓̔̂͒̕o̸̦̜̲͈͆̏̄̅̀̍͑͛͝ ̸̡̩̙̦͈͓͙̯͈͙͛̏̚ṭ̵̞̮̭̈́̄̒̃͜ḩ̸̺̖̯̝̣̟̐͗ͅę̷̛̞̳̞̹̮̦͛̊̍͂c̷̭̺͉̱̖͍̝̝̺͎̙̖̩̩̻͂̊̆͂̓̚ͅy̶̫͉̮̬̤̟̱̿̾̐̚c̴̢̨̧̡̡̛̮̙̱̻͇͎̯̲͇̱̣̮͉͔̲͚̝̝͆̌̑̽̇́̈̏̌̍̑̔̇̍̒͂̽͐̏͘͠l̸̨̡̟͈̞̤̟͚̦̰͕͍̪̮͚̥͉̮̤͕̹̖̜͉͕̃̍̓̓̎̊͋̆̄̋͊͊̂͒̈́̔̈̎̽̄̊͛͘͜ò̷̡̧̨̜͙͍̣̖̺̗̞̘͈͇̦̦͉͎͇̏̑͜ͅͅp̸̛̛̫̫̩̩̣̘͕̠͇͔̺̦̤̣̭̙̖̳̺̤̤̿̋̐̓̀͛̔͆͗̈́̎̈́̆͊̕͘͜e̵̟͖̻͓̻̞̓̄͌̇͑̇̔͗͛́̄͂̓͐͂͌͑̍̕̚͘͝a̸̛̲͎̲̥̣͔͆̆͛͛͌̕̚͝͝ñ̴̛̬̉̈́́̔̽̉̈́̏͛̐͊̃̕͠͝ ̵͎̟̼͚̎͊͑̏̽̇̀̀̓́̈́̆͛̇̈́̏̄̊̇̍͂̔̕̚͝͠ų̴̢̧̡͕͈̜̞͍̥̝̖̥̮̗̙̯͍͙͓̻̞͓̗͙̈́̀̓͌̓̈́̏̈̇̇̒̚̕͜ň̵̡̧̡̡̪̠̻̟̪͔̳̞̬͕̮̭͇̠͉͇̰̈́͊̽̎̅̾̈́̉̑̓͑̽͐̔͑̈́̆̌͐͘̚͝ḏ̷̨̧̨̢͉̖͉̥̲̪̣̹͉͎͈̹̼̲̠̩̩͙̟̐͒͜ë̶͈͎̣̟͈̝́̉̒͘r̶̭͋͗̓̓̓̔̃̒̔̋̇̄́͆͂̒̃͗̽̐͝͠͝w̴̠̝͚̣̠͐̅̎̇̾̋͐̈́̃̋̍̏͐͆͗̔͛͑̄͆̔͝͝͝͠o̸̩̅̈́̓̒͐͆̀̄̔̏͗̽̕r̷̡͉̫̠̖͖̗͕̱͉̘̗͔͍̘͖̺͊͆̈́̅̓̏̿́͝ļ̷͇̰͈͇͓̗̥̭̫̖̗͚͆̏͐̐̏̆̈́̈͆̊̈̆̽̏̓̐̈́̒̑̚͘d̴̨̨̫̪̺̯̹͕̣̫̫̱͔̍̽͋̀̚.

4 Likes

Okay I am really impressed and this is incredibly badass.

Can I trade lives with this guy?

1 Like

Whatever you say, Mister. (no idea how to embed this)

ateambiker.m4v (2.3 MB)

5 Likes

Bravo! Impeccably timed!

I love it when a plan comes together.

2 Likes

Thanks! Shotcut is free, multiplatform & open source, with a small learning curve with lots of tutorials. To the ending freeze frame I added the Technicolor filter.

1 Like

Dune-riders face greater hazards than mere gravity.

dune-rider

25 Likes

Hey, that’s MY ‘learning to fly’ dream mang!
OK, I guess there is a lot of airspace up there, we can share.
Flying is easy, landing is hard. Often I wake up just before impact (ie NOT landing).

Had the scariest dream that I was one of those miners trapped far below ground and they rig up this tiny capsule that they drag up a tiny air borehole or something. I get in it and am scraping along when at the the halfway point the thing gets jammed and the cable snaps!

6 Likes

If you motor with out rhythm, you won’t attract the worm.

7 Likes

Same here. They always start with joy, and then I look down.

1 Like

You win all the internets today. Well done!

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain … lodged in the digestive tract of a sandworm, for a very long time.

7 Likes

Jump without rhythm, and you won’t attract the worm.

5 Likes

It’s amazing he could catch that much air, let alone straddle a motorcycle with balls that big.

Kinda puts my silly neurotic fears in context.

2 Likes

You just described The Culture

3 Likes

Obligs…

4 Likes

Wow! A Fred Ward film I’ve completely missed.

It looks like the producers might have optioned " The Devil on the Road" by Robert Westall; a tale of a motorcyclist from the late 1970s who finds himself transported back in to the 17th Century, where he comes in to conflict with Matthew Hopkins, the Witchfinder General.

3 Likes

Ah, well there you go. I’ve been meaning to read those for ages. Unfortunately, in this pre-post-scarcity time, my time is scarce.

4 Likes

Am I the only one to be disappointed when the parachute came out? I was looking at the far ridge of sand and guessing he would somehow land on that. It looked much too far away, but maybe weird sand shapes are dicking with my sense of perspective. Anyway, if he wasn’t going to die horribly, these people always manage to get down in one piece. Somehow.

And then he has a parachute. Well, I could see that would work.

The fact is I have seen too many of these, and I have no good idea what is possible any longer.

(The illusion does not survive a second watching at all).

4 Likes