Justice departmen: right-wing influencers paid by Russians

“Western” literature, “Western” music, “Western” culture, all to justify excluding the rest of the world from school curricula. Yeah, they are assholes.

8 Likes

Nazis who pontificate about “Western civilisation”, classical architecture, Greek philosophy, the Roman Empire, etc.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Watching Diana Prince GIF

9 Likes

It’s not all of them; but there’s also the distinct sub-genre who hammer on “western”(sometimes ‘occidental’ if they are feeling really insufferable) because their keen commitment to ‘racial realism’, the impending ‘clash of civilizations’ must not be misunderstood to apply to whatever flavor of orientalist fantasy waifu they imagine to be most appealing.

In more specifically techie reactionaries there’s also another fault line between the ones that are either wealthier or more intensely fixated on local culture wars; who tend to be somewhere from ‘reasonably chill’ to ‘disconcertingly enthusiastic’ about the Indian subcontinent, surely a place that feels strongly about muslims and has an intriguing ethnic hierarchy must have some good ideas, yes; and the more insecure and/or slighly less culture war obsessed ones who view the subcontinent as a sort of hyper-mexico; coming to take their jobs specifically; rather than “our jobs” in the vague handwavy way that people talk about jobs they absolutely don’t want to be stuck doing.

5 Likes

“Oh, we got both kinds. We got country- AND western!”

11 Likes

I’ve a feeling these individuals cited are what people mean when I’ve been told in arguments/discussions, “I don’t listen the Main Stream Media, I do my Own research.”

7 Likes

Meanwhile:

On Wednesday, Gambashidze and his company were named by the US Department of Justice among the architects of a disinformation campaign known as Doppelganger that has for the past two years been targeting Ukraine and, more recently, US elections. The Doppelganger campaign uses AI-generated content on dozens of fake websites designed to impersonate mainstream media outlets such as The Washington Post and Fox Business, using a network of fake social media accounts to disseminate pro-Russian narratives targeting audiences across the globe. Doppelganger is a Kremlin-aligned disinformation campaign that was first linked to the Kremlin in 2023 by the French government.

7 Likes
8 Likes

I mean that’s kind of the big lie that underpins a lot of this: that there is one single lineage of “western values” stretching from Rome in a genetically and philosophically unbroken chain of divine rights and wills to power of the once-pure white races that are the sole and single heirs of this culture as they claim the foundational rights their “heritage” is owed…

6 Likes

I am Jack’s total lack of surprise.

eta: I think the CBC owes me a Coke. :grin:

8 Likes

I posted this on the other related thread, too:

As a wise man once said, “Fuck those people, man.”

Gina is fantastic.

6 Likes
7 Likes

The verbal manipulation, the gishgalloping, the mindless yapping, the visual appearance…

The desperation of a junkie who’ll say anything for a dollar is not much different than the desperation of a comedian who’ll say anything for a dollar.

Reddit - Dive into anything

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.