Juul gave marketing presentations to schoolchildren in the guise of "mental health/addiction" seminars

Hmm - high schools have been giving the ASVAB test for years which gave the armed forces potential recruitment material. Though maybe now it is everyone, not just ASVAB takers.

I mean… lipid pneumonia is literally caused by breathing in lipids.

Given nicotine is not a lipid and apparently, many of the victims vaped cannabis extracts and not nicotine, seems to indicate that, well… it probably isn’t nicotine.

There are plenty of arguments against nicotine, but one should be extremely cautious about overblaming it. That is sure to backfire and people will question if all the warnings were bullshit.

… someone should go and make “Vaping Bacon” and market it?

Vicks

The ‘Vicks VapoRub’ phase didn’t seem to last for too long in my mind but, cor-blimey, it will never be forgotten! Something catching your eye is one thing but there was no mistaking that strong smell of eucalyptus oil and the other nasal clearing ingredients wafting through the venues back in 1992. Many a time did I see ravers rubbing the lotion on each other’s backs. In fact I think I had to defend myself a couple of times from some over friendly Vicks rubbers, who only had their best intentions for me I’m sure and were just trying to give my e-buzz a bit of a lift!

2 Likes

Just want to point out that while the science on this stuff is changing and moving really quickly, the CDC is currently warning that the lung and breathing problems they’re seeing are just as prevalent in people using THC vapes as nicotine vapes, so yeah, the worry is definitely that inhaling propylene glycol vapor might be causing serious health issues we’re just now figuring out.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.