Kalamazoo spree killer picked up Uber fares between shootings

Never, because we’d never hear the end of screams of reverse racism…

7 Likes

From CNN video:

“They’re on video. We’ve watched the video with law enforcement. They were intentional, deliberate and – I don’t want to say casually done – coldly done is what I want to say,” said Getting.

Why not say casually? Clearly they were random killings and he had a tool that made it easier to do what he wanted to do.

3 Likes

Well, you know white folk. Inclined to fly off the handle at the least provocation.

Let’s just hope that @nungesser doesn’t work for the Post Office…

6 Likes

Reverse racist.

4 Likes

I think the original guy is taking this tragedy to poke fun of/call attention to the arguments made by some people against other groups, notably Muslims. More or less trolling.

ETA - though this and other sarcasm/satire does call to attention that the other more commonly held beliefs are equally baseless.

2 Likes

[quote=“Mister44, post:25, topic:74076”]
More or less driving trollies.
[/quote]

Also, that it’s pervasive and supports white supremacy.

5 Likes

9 Likes

I knew it. Why do you hate Amurica… why?

5 Likes

Subliminal recruitment into the Secret Canadian Sleeper Cells.

14 Likes

I knew those canucks were up to no good.

5 Likes

Truth is, we’re all sick.

Some of us are just lucky enough to not have that sickness seen as a symptom of our skin tone, religion, or nation of origin by ignorant fuckwits that also happen to control a LOT of money and a LOT of firepower.

When we’re having a national conversation about giving potential or convicted terrorists mental health services (We could call it “Therapists for Terrorists!”), I’ll consider the point made.

For now, I suppose, like most things in my life, David Bowie did it better.

8 Likes

Once on a college campus where I worked security put out a notice that a suspect they were looking for was a black male of average height and average build between the ages of eighteen and forty.

It was very informative, but not in the way they intended.

16 Likes

Sounds like you went to college in the deep south.

3 Likes

I saw one of those up around my campus once where someone had written “That’s like half the black men on campus!”

7 Likes

It’s catchy! I like it!

The system as is it now is broken. Even people who we know are a problem, convicted, served time, and out and who we are SUPPOSED to be keeping an eye on can still get away with literal rape and murder. The Cleveland Strangler is a fantastic example, one that is just a tragic clusterfuck on soooo many levels. The wiki article barely touches on the details, the Vice report is very good. TLDR - killed at least 11 women, raped 3 others who escaped/were let go, horrible smell from his house blamed on a nearby sausage factory. That is just one example of many serial killers and mass murders in the world. And unfortunately, I don’t think a lot of them you can weed out or stop. The ones who are aware they are sick would have to want to get better, and for a lot of people, they aren’t crazy enough where one would be able to force them to get help.

To be clear though - we need better mental health care in the US. No doubt. It is also a big issue with our homeless problem.

You’re kind of sarcasm blind, aren’t you?

3 Likes

Ah, I get to have a beer now even though it is before noon. I’d bet myself you were already in this thread ready to defend gun ownership as not being the problem and pointing it at something else.

2 Likes

I believe I actually mentioned the fact that I was aware that the comment was meant as snark, so, no.

1 Like

Only if someone wants to make baseless statements.

Like “people with firearms kill people in the US more often than any other nation and our leaders refuse to do anything about it?”

4 Likes