Kansas kid corrects anti-drug teacher, cops raid his house

I can’t speak directly about US law enforcement because I’ve never experienced it, but that way I see it this is a direct result of THE WAR ON DRUGS (caps intended - I imagine it as if shouted by an Army Sergeant), and the politicisation of the same.

Because of the decades of “drugs are bad mm’kay” and rather brutal approach to what would be considered “soft drugs” in most places, for law enforcement and ggovernment officials it’s been drilled into them that it’s black and white.

You do drugs, you’re bad, your life is bad and your children will suffer - which is hardly the case at all. It’s been pushed to the extreme that now the assumption is that if drugs are in use in the house then the children are at risk.

As usual for me I don’t have a point or an opinion (other than it’s all bullshit), but I do really feel for the children and parents that are affected by these circumstances, particularly when the law can’t see past it’s own baton, and has become much less about protecting the innocent, and more about statistics, numbers and targets.

2 Likes

Kansas is in the middle.

2 Likes

It’s hard to say if the child was actually interrogated for hours, or just held for hours because they couldn’t give him back to his mom when she was suspected of smoking evil, evil marijuana around him. Not that that makes it any better, obviously.

I’m from Florida, but I reckon ya’ll are prolly right. Just give me a minute to meth up and kiss my sister goodbye (we’re still newlyweds!) then send us on to Jeebus!

1 Like

hm yes. I agree there is most likely bias involved, because the reaction was extremer than you would expect. perhaps the authorities were concerned that the child would spread his scofflaw views to peers. in that case there is some truth to the headline.

1 Like

To be fair, its the exception here. That’s why its news.

Hardly.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.