Kathryn Grody and Mandy Patinkin make the best campaign ad to encourage people to vote

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/08/kathryn-grody-and-mandy-patinkin-make-the-best-campaign-ad-to-encourage-people-to-vote.html

3 Likes

Mandy Patinkan has the most reassuring voice and demeanor.

5 Likes

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You tried to kill my country. Prepare to lose an election.

12 Likes

That made me smile which is normally unexpected for a video that contains images of Trump.

3 Likes

He also has an amazing singing voice. Back on the Colbert Report, he, Colbert, and REM’s Michael Stipe sang and I immediately went and bought the song (money went to charity, so win-win).

Couldn’t find it on You Tube…looks like the copyright demons have gotten them all.

2 Likes

Kathryn Grody is an absolute joy in this little ad (her husband, Inigo, isn’t too bad either… he should consider a career in acting).

4 Likes

Kathryn and Mandy are neighbors and advisors to our little single-screen theatre. It was our 10th anniversary of collective ownership (the theater itself is over 74 years old) and they contributed a hilarious video toast for the virtual celebration we held. Wonderful people.

3 Likes

“it comes down to a few states and races”

I know what he meant, but I would have said:

“it comes down to a few states and electoral races”

Funny to see both Che Guevara and Evita Peron from the original Broadway cast of Evita making anti-Trump videos in the same week.

Here they are forty years younger:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.