Keep your nose cozy this winter in a vintage kooky nose warmer

Originally published at: Keep your nose cozy this winter in a vintage kooky nose warmer | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Model looks like Powers Boothe.

2 Likes

I received one of those as a gag gift in the 1980s. It came from Spencer’s Gifts, a mall mainstay back then, and was definitely packaged and sold as a gag, not a real solution to a froz schnoz. It still resides in one of our Christmas decorations boxes, because despite my wanting to chuck it several times, my kids insist it’s part of their Christmas heritage and think it’s hilarious.

6 Likes

No worries. The improved version that also covers the mouth and is PPE certified is already widely available.

13 Likes

Yep, I’ll be ordering up some fresh cozy N95 face huggers before it frosts here.

7 Likes

But why do guys insist on getting the XL nose warmer when a M or even a S would be a better fit for their beaks? :wink:

8 Likes

you could also try this gentleman’s “chin warmers”, as modeled here by the purveyor and shown in a variety of colors.

h/t @milliefink for the pic

5 Likes

That is a repurposed “Willy warmer“

3 Likes

Stranger Things Reaction GIF by SAG Awards

1 Like

Well, I suppose you can also wear it on your nose…

1 Like

The woman modeling that accessory is clearly a bird-person trying to pass as a human being. Don’t let your guard down or she’ll peck out your eyes and regurgitate them to her young.

2 Likes

My dad had one of these in a drawer when I was a kid and I thought it was hilarious. As an adult, it occurred to me that it might be possible for the adventurous to wear it elsewhere, but honestly the yarn wasn’t long enough. Thank god, because I wore it on my nose.

1 Like

A nose cozy?

Shouldn’t it be called a nozy?

(or a cose?)

3 Likes

A salutary warning – don’t snort gnomes.

4 Likes

Uh … you know those aren’t really for your chin, right?

3 Likes

Here we wear them wherever we please. It’s the ‘Merkin way.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.