Vintage garment sold to help people stop mouth-breathing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/23/vintage-garment-sold-to-help-people-stop-mouth-breathing.html

3 Likes

Someone should place an order for the new leadership of the Republican National Committee. If only there were a product for low foreheadedness…

2 Likes

Maybe the concept of a person being a low foreheaded, mouth breather exist only here in the south…
(Example:Ron DeSantis)

And industrial-strength ones for the MAGAt rank-and-file.

3 Likes

$36 in today’s money for a simple chinstrap. The healthcare INDUSTRY has been cheating Americans since forever.

3 Likes

Funny enough, i recently fell into the sleep apnea crowd. If you want a nose-only cpap feed -and- can’t keep your mouth closed while using it, they have a similar strap arrangement to keep your jaw in place. I’m guessing it is less material and higher cost than this one…

ETA: it’s velcro based fit (take THAT old timey solution!) but also meant to be disposable so… point to the old timer.

4 Likes

Probably would be better to invest that money in an index fund like Goldman Sach’s Shenandoah Trust or Blue Ridge Trust.

1 Like

Product has been brought to you by the letters “S”, “T”, “F”, and “U”.

3 Likes

I’d be dead. Up until a few months ago when I got surgery to repair my upper nasal valve, this would literally have kept me from breathing much of the time.

1 Like

I use one of those. I don’t open my mouth a lot while sleeping, but enough to want it. Comfortable once you get used to it and bonus, it seems to help somehow with teeth grinding during sleep. My grind-guard hasn’t worn down as fast.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.