Keeping schools safe from guns with a few modifications!

Originally published at: Keeping schools safe from guns with a few modifications! | Boing Boing

9 Likes

perfect.

9 Likes

I have a solution that means the American gun fetishists can keep buying as many as they want.

Ban bullets.

5 Likes

It’s “funny” because its true!

6 Likes

It occurs to me that 2nd Amendment absolutists are their own worst enemies. If we can’t take reasonable steps to keep our children safe, we will eventually have to rescind the amendment entirely. But how many kids will have to die before that happens?

8 Likes

It’s a lucky thing there wasn’t a fire!

3 Likes

Yes exactly. I firmly believe that unless there’s a change in course, that’s the inevitable outcome – but how long to get there?

As an aside, repeal of the 2A doesn’t mean the same thing as banning guns – it just means that the full toolkit of legislation can be applied. There’s no constitutional right to drive a car, yet we haven’t banned them. I would expect a similar outcome for guns if there were no 2A.

4 Likes

Or just make the bullets insanely expensive. It’s worked for printers for years!

4 Likes

My ultra cynical mind believes the GOP will continue to stymie 2A regulation as doing nothing is also killing public education, literally.

6 Likes

I suspect it wouldn’t take very many shootings at elite, private schools for Republicans to suddenly take action.

1 Like
6 Likes

We don’t know, we’re still counting.

5 Likes

Anyone been to a US Embassy lately?

Not far off.

2 Likes

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Now don’t jump to conclusions but I included that for a reason.
What if, just spitballing here, we made the right to bear arms dependent upon being enrolled on a federally regulated militia? You join the national guard, you get training, weapon storage, and responsibility to police your community. You also get to own a weapon. But you’re being monitored and, you know, regulated.

1 Like

Hahahahahasobsobsob

As a teacher married to a teacher who has a kid in a school it is mostly just sob, though.

5 Likes

Chris Rock and I are aligned. Works for me. Heck, between the two of us, we even have a star on the Walk of Fame!

Sad Kristen Bell GIF

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.