Richard Scarry's 21st Century Classroom

Originally published at: Richard Scarry's 21st Century Classroom | Boing Boing

18 Likes

Well, that’s pretty dark and not funny, therefore entirely appropriate.

54 Likes

Your 2nd Amendment needs … amending … in a way that allows states to choose if they want local gun control or not.

Meanwhile, up here in Canada, New handgun restrictions expected in federal firearm-control bill today

8 Likes

It needs repealing, but that’s just not a realistic option right now. What we need as soon as possible is a Democratic supermajority in Congress, especially the Senate, and about 20 straight years of Democrats in the White House. That’s not really realistic either, but it’s the only way anything has a chance of changing. Realistically, I’m not sure our Constitution is going to survive much longer and I’m not sure I’m going to like what replaces it.

21 Likes

Having been a connoisseur of “Cars and Trucks and Things That Go” at about age 5 (I was born in 1978) this particular Bolling cartoon causes me to be deeply sad about how much I cannot change anything about the country I live in.

20 Likes

No, please not. No more stupid state rights. What we need is uniform protection and rights for all the people in the United States, independently of whether they live in a Republican-controlled state or not. And we need a real democracy in which a minority of the population doesn’t keep imposing their rules on the majority, The Senate has to be reformed to reflect the actual votes for each side and to do away with the filibuster. Politicians choosing their own districts has to go away. And the part about “a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State” in the second amendment has to be enforced, or the amendment amended. If weapons are not contributing to the security of a free State and they are not well regulated, they should be so readily available.

34 Likes

This this and more this. Given what we’re seeing with reproductive rights, voter suppression laws, et al, we’ll end up with even more and more accessible guns.

20 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

6 Likes

wow, this is almost too good/accurate. the cop running away from the 2nd amendment enthusiast.

Ruben is really good with facial expressions. Look at the “crisis actor” cat, the look on his face

8 Likes

In case anyone is interested, here’s a link to the Uvalde SWAT team’s cosplay photo…comments there are still open…and they’re getting…massacred.

3 Likes

Ouch.

Just… ouch.

2 Likes

A good companion piece for the equally dark and unfunny Ghastlygun Tinies

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.