Ken Burns slowly distances himself from Clarence Thomas photo

Originally published at: Ken Burns slowly distances himself from Clarence Thomas photo | Boing Boing

14 Likes

backing up homer simpson GIF

34 Likes

Alfred Hitchcock quickly, disorientingly distances himself from Clarence Thomas photo
Stanley Kubrick smoothly maintains exact distance from Clarence Thomas photo

33 Likes

Wes Anderson frames it exactly like he frames everything else.

24 Likes

back-away-slowly-gif-5

10 Likes

Michael Bay turns it into a fiery explosion.

22 Likes

Maybe he could desaturate the image and have it gradually move under the camera? I’m pretty sure that works for him.

18 Likes

I see what you did there

Kubrick recreates the entire scene in England at great cost with over 200 takes, all for a two second shot that ends up being cut from the final product.

29 Likes

“Yeah, see, I wasn’t there to see Thomas. I was there sucking up to my money guy, the guy who’s been working hard to destroy our great country.”

21 Likes

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF

12 Likes

Kevin Smith crafts a weird Star Wars analogy around the Clarence Thomas photo…

18 Likes

JJ Abrams adds enough lens flare that you don’t notice.

19 Likes

Werner Herzog narrates the photo with a subtle tone of disgust and horror before Klaus Kinski bursts into the room and strangles him.

31 Likes

missed the opportunity to zoom and slowly pan this image using the eponymous effect,

10 Likes

George Lucas changes the narrative and edits everybody out that doesn’t fit it.

14 Likes

What the heck? I know this is beside the point, but I thought that place (Bohemian Grove) didn’t allow photos and phones and such…am I thinking of something else?

8 Likes

15 Likes

Joey Lawrence Wow GIF by Mayim Bialik

10 Likes

It’s a huge no-no during the summer encampment proper but there are exceptions where people can get permission to take pics within their individual group camps. (I mean, so I’ve heard.)

Of course it could also just be that this was one more rule Thomas was willing to flaut.

7 Likes

Thanks, I thought sure I’d read that somewhere.
I wonder what the policy would be if someone brought a court illustrator as a guest and they spent the whole time documenting the time there. :joy:

10 Likes