Kevin Spacey made 'House of Cards' set 'toxic' with sexually 'predatory' behavior, sources say

Seriously? Is it that hard to not sexually harass people?

Flames

11 Likes

The good news: a pattern is emerging. The molested, abused, and assaulted are speaking out. The floodgates have opened. The bad news… The floodgates have opened. So much has come out lately that it’s turning into a fog and hard to process everything. But still good, overall. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

8 Likes

I can’t and won’t defend his behavior but all I can say is…Damn.

Spacey is probably my all time favorite actor. This disappoints me greatly.

11 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Asking for more info is not ‘defending’! Do we agree on that? Thank you for the link.

Sadly, many of the posts in which I made clear I reflexively believe such accusations, were removed - but I do.

So, can we all avoid the You said Not-X when I just said X? Or that there is a correct opinion to have or someone is victim blaming (when clearly I am not) or defending anyone.

I hope he faces justice.

That’s be great, thanks. Fear is the mind killer.

1 Like

I guess it comes kind of natural to some people when they get into powerful positions with no fear of repercussions and once they have started and there are no consequences, why stop? Btw, the current president of the US is a self confessed sexual predator, I wonder when this reveal craze will reach him?

3 Likes

Open the floodgates, let the floodwaters of abuse flow back to the devils who brought them.

I hope they drown, miserably.

2 Likes

Oh, well. I started off giving him the benefit of the doubt, thought the statement was ham-handed but honest. Part of it was my attempt to avoid the trap of conflating the actor with the creeps he keeps playing, I guess.

wanting dat booty is one thing, feeling entitled to dat booty is when the problem arises…ooo can we make delusional self entitlement a disease? I got a patent on an experimental treatment device…without going into too much detail it involves a boot and your groin.

3 Likes

Should we care about -all- perps as human beings, or just some of them???

1 Like

Considering he was always so guarded about his sexuality (despite rumors for years), being so blatantly predatory at work probably wasn’t a good way to keep his personal life out of the public eye.

3 Likes

Why Kevin, WHY?

2 Likes

8 Likes

Manipulating public reticence in such matters would have been but one tool in a predator’s toolkit. On the one hand, downplay any complaints as over-reaction and hint at homophobia in the victim, then play the “You’ll ruin my reputation if it comes out that I’m gay,” not to mention “My mother doesn’t know!”

1 Like

Sexual assault is one of the few crimes Spacey’s character on House of Cards does NOT commit or condone. They even had a whole storyline where Claire goes public about a sexual assault, starting a chain of events that ends her rapist’s career and prompts a national dialogue on the issue.

2 Likes

The irony

3 Likes

He’s probably worth $100M. He will never be incarcerated or found guilty of a crime. He probably won’t work in Hollywood again, sure, but he won’t ever suffer, because his behaviour won’t cost him him anything he has. There is no rock bottom for people like this, not unless the civil suits cripple him financially.

Robin Wright should sue him for the $5M she won’t make for the next season.

7 Likes

My cynical answer is it will bounce off of Trump’s impervious hide, and simply teach other serial abusers to be more careful. I’m at the point where I’ve given up. Nothing will change. Nothing.

1 Like

this is what is known as ‘method acting’