Kickstarting an indie film adaptation of China Mieville's "Familiar"

[Read the post]

1 Like

I’d like to see at least an animated version of Perdido Street Station, if not a live action version.

1 Like

I think it would have to be animated, the budget needed to do it justice would be considerable and I doubt any studio would put up the money (bearing in mind the content, a decent interpretation would never be a family friendly, tentpole movie).

But this film looks interesting, all practical effects, hope they success in their kickstarter.

1 Like

I always get an image in my mind when I see the term “tentpole movie”… and it isn’t “family friendly”…

2 Likes

I love that short story! The Familiar itself must be the pluckiest, go-getting-ist abomination ever. I find myself rooting for the loathsome little thing every time I read it…

1 Like

I agree. Unfortunately, I remember the production quality of BBC’s Neverwhere when I try to imagine a low-budget urban fantasy production.

2 Likes

I agree. Unfortunately, I remember the production quality of BBC’s Neverwhere when I try to imagine a low-budget urban fantasy production.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.