Kickstarting new cases for old Amigas

[Read the post]

1 Like

Hello,

Many years ago I had a heavily-upgraded Amiga 2000, but lost it when a pipe burst.

I never used an A1200, but it looks like a nice system. Of course, the real question is how well those new A1200 motherboards will work.

I was wondering what the heck ami-gas was…

1 Like

Yeah, that was a real problem with the steam-driven computers of that day.

9 Likes

Anybody know where I can get a new/working boot disk for an Amiga 500? I have my old Amiga in storage but no working boot disk so cannot access some of my archived work from the 1990s. Would be nice to have that back.

It’s a series of tubes!

Ah, if only this had been available in 1994 (and I had access to buckets of cash, natch). Even back then I thought it would be exceptionally cool to have an A1200 in translucent, coloured casing instead of the strange not-quite-beige that was the standard. Oh, and if only Commodore hadn’t been useless, and the buying public had ensured that the superior system won out against the clunky dos clones.

Yeah. and while I’m wishing for things, I’ll have a pony as well.

4 Likes

Hello,

I had a pipe burst on the main level of my house. I lost all the furniture, books, CDs, DVDs, as well all the electronics and computers.

Hello,

I’m not sure if modern-day floppy diskette drives work very well with the Amiga’s disk format, which I recall was different than that used by PCs. Have you looked around on archive.org, though, to see if there might be something like a self-extracting image that will write a diskette for you?

A few years ago I tried to install XP on an old machine, and it refused to boot from CD, so I had to try and scrape up a working floppy drive and and a working floppy disk…

I think I managed to find a working drive, but I was never sure because finding a working floppy disk is like finding a fresh Smilodon turd. That PC remained dormant.

1 Like

Or with modern wood or modern aluminum.

SAND-CASTERS, WHERE ARE YOU?!!?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.