"Kid-size" Covid vaccine doses effective, says Pfizer

Originally published at: "Kid-size" Covid vaccine doses effective, says Pfizer | Boing Boing

6 Likes

“Kid-size” Covid vaccine doses effective

Does this mean that Mickey D’s will be putting doses in Happy Meals?

4 Likes

We’re getting so close! Very much looking forward to getting the little’uns vaccinated so we can slightly relax. Side note: this whole pandemic has gone on long enough. Can we be done yet?

4 Likes

Emergency authorization cannot happen soon enough.
Results from the FDA review should be released later today.
And while I’m at it- when you get your child vaccinated, consider enrollment in V Safe. It’s only open to adults and teens, but that will probably change. Enroll Your Dependent in v-safe | CDC
V Safe is helping the CDC gather a lot of data on side effects across a very broad population. For check ins, it takes a few minutes everyday for a week, then a few minutes once a week for 6 weeks, then check ins at 3, 6, and 12 months.

11 Likes

Thanks for that info! I hadn’t heard of it before, but will definitely share it with the missus (she’s better at tracking all the medical stuff in our house). Hopefully this will help get good data out there and help minimize the “confusion” about what the vaccine(s) do or don’t do.

4 Likes

The Biden administration has purchased enough kid-size doses — in special orange-capped vials to distinguish them from adult vaccine

Isn’t Moderna, again, ripping us all off?

All that is required is knowing the correct amount (whatever it is, 1/2 or 1/3 of the adult size).

But Moderna is going to specially package a vial of 10 child-sized doses, and you can bet that those 10 Child doses are going to cost significantly more per-dose than if you took the equivalent vaccine volume from an adult vial. I can already hear a Moderna rep saying, “Hey, a dose is a dose!”

unnamed (2)

If you’re going to complain about a company, complain about the right company. The article is about Pfizer.

2 Likes

Yes, because kids don’t like salad dressing

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.