Kim Dotcom promises to 'abolish mass surveillance' with his NZ political party

[Permalink]

1 Like

this could make NZ a place worth migrating to. if I could find a job… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“governments want to engage in mass surveillance and have total citizen control.”

Question: If Control’s control is absolute, why does Control need to control?

Answer: Control… needs time.

Question: Is Control controlled by its need to control?

Answer: Yes.

Why does Control need humans, as you call them?

Answer: Wait… wait! Time, a landing field. Death needs time like a junkie needs junk.

And what does Death need time for?

Answer: The answer is sooo simple. Death needs time for what it kills to grow in, for Ah Pook’s sake.

Death needs time for what it kills to grow in, for Ah Pook’s sweet sake, you stupid vulgar greedy ugly American death-sucker.

3 Likes

Unfortunately the Mana Internet Party is a farcical marriage of convenience, which even the participants can’t take seriously. Which is a shame, because Labour’s vigorous self-destruction leaves the Greens as the only ‘viable’ alternative to National’s policy programme of MOAR SPYING! MOAR COW SHIT IN ALL TEH RIVERZ! but a lot of folk wouldn’t vote for the Greens just on principle.

I have a lot of sympathy for Dotcom and the Internet Party and associated policies, even though I think that personally he’s a bit of a dick. The way he was treated is abysmal, and I appreciate he’s been serious and effective in holding Key’s feet to the fire over it. Also, he seems to be the only person who can really get under Key’s skin, and does it with consummate ease :smiley: But this Mana Internet thing is a joke.

4 Likes

Let’s hope he doesn’t turn into another John McAfee.

The internet is the biggest gift to mankind and we need to protect it from overreaching governments and greedy corporations.

He’d get my vote in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

Does this guy really own a giraffe?

Yeah! Totally. This Kimdotcom fella needs to get his priorities straight. It’s supposed to go:

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

No - it’s a sculpture made from corrugated iron. He has a couple of them I think.

I’d be very surprised if they get a single seat in parliament. National is almost certainly going to win this election, and they’ve demonstrated that they’re more than eager to cooperate with the US on a number of issues.

That being said, as an ex-pat American, New Zealand is a nice place to call home, despite our government.

1 Like

Kim Dotcom practically embodies corporate greed - I wouldn’t take anything he says seriously. Would you really want this guy representing you?

Scumbag he may be, but he’s not a politician.

IMO ‘representative’ democracy is doomed to be a contradiction in terms, since the ‘representatives’ are simply a vector for bribery to poison the system.

Which is why I’m an anarchist, but I won’t be holding my breath waiting for utopia… in the meantime, maybe if politicians started off rich enough to pay their own way instead of selling their arses to the highest bidder, we might start to see a better class of politics…

Dotcom is hardly Elon Musk, but I could maybe see him continuing NZ’s fine tradition of sticking it to the Yanks…

Could he do worse than the existing state-of-the-art incumbents?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.