Kim Jong Un says North Korea no longer needs to do nuclear tests

If Trump were a bumbling fool who meant well, I wouldn’t begrudge him the credit for coincidentally being President at the same time that the DPRK decided to make nice.

But he’s a bumbling fool who is additionally a knowing liar, a con man, a racist, a sexual molester, and a corrupter of our democracy with aspiration to autocracy. So, I’m begrudging bigly.

5 Likes

You left out tons of other things about him but I like you cause you got a good start.

5 Likes

History suggests they may want several tons of food in exchange as well.

Regardless of the deal that is reached, they are going to renege on it within 2 years.

2 Likes

WWIII suggests that when the chips are down everyone is going to pick sides. NK has burned most of their good will with their allies, though.

How else is he supposed to get the seniors/kids discount on the buffet? He’s just trying to save all those hard working tax paying real Americans a few dollars.

1 Like

And I’m almost positive that this has nothing to do whatsoever with Kim Jon Un’s surprise meeting with China’s President Xi Jinping in Beijing four weeks ago.

4 Likes

The U.S. isn’t testing its nuclear weapons anymore either. Tested weapons aren’t as useful as stockpiled weapons in persuading other countries to not invade.

1 Like

giphy%20(2)

3 Likes

Never content to let NK be better than the US at anything, Trump appears to be doing his best to catch up on that front, too.

4 Likes

If this is real, and if he turns out to be the one that dropped the hint that ‘nukes aren’t cool, man’ - then let’s get that ceremony out of the way.

2 Likes

So, is the evidence really very strong that North Korea had performed a successful nuclear test? Yes, they had fired missiles, but it wasn’t at all clear they had some sort of viable warhead, was it?

Of course, it is very good news to hear that they are proposing they will not develop such technology, but it also has all the makings of a ruse.

1 Like

You know who’s going to claim all the credit don’t you?

Megalomaniac, poor command of English, family-run government, bad hair - okay I’m going to need to narrow this down - the orange one.

It’s easy to give something up once you’ve run out and can’t afford to buy more.

2 Likes

We didn’t do anything. President for Life Xi Jinping reined them in for their own benefit

Trump’s idiocy got the US cut out of any meaningful role there.

1 Like

Or when someone else is already willing to supply better versions. cough cough China

1 Like

This is another way of saying we don’t need more missile tests… because we can now create an intercontinental missile that could deliver a nuclear payload

Translation: they already suckered the USA into talks, and are absolutely giddy to have a rube like Trump leading them. Why spend more money on pissing off their neighbours now that they have the ultimate prize?

1 Like

Well I do hope this is for reals and a new direction.

So to be clear, they aren’t disarming, but concluding tests?

I know Kim went to China recently, I wonder if they enticed them with a deal.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.