Kindergarten teacher finds bag of crack cocaine in 6-year-old student's mouth

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/17/kindergarten-teacher-finds-bag.html

1 Like

Sees headline, without clicking link immediately crosses fingers and chants, repeatedly:

“Please don’t be a Black kid…
Please don’t be a Black kid…
PLEASE…

20 Likes

If that was my kid, you can bet I’d be doing something extra nice for that teacher.

14 Likes

Dateline Philadelphia. Chances are very high she’s black. And somebody’s parent is probably in big trouble - hopefully the actual guilty party.

2 Likes

I saw the locale; looked at the school’s website.

4 Likes

A problem of parental negligence that will be hopelessly complicated by the DEA rushing in to lay felony charges.

9 Likes

jeebus fracking kringle :exploding_head:

4 Likes

All I got was a bagged lunch, sheesh.

8 Likes

“Did you bring enough for everyone? If not, spit it out!”

12 Likes

The girl was chewing on the bag, thinking the white stuff inside was sugar

In my day, when I found a bag full of sugar, I opened the bag and ate the sugar. Kids these days.

Obviously, good thing she didn’t in this case

7 Likes
1 Like

Well, the CIA didn’t pump that crap into white neighborhoods…

10 Likes

No, they sure didn’t… yet it ended up there too, anyway.

Every genocidal thing the powers that be do to POC always comes back to fuck over White people as well.

12 Likes

Kindergarten lunches aren’t what they used to be, eh?

2 Likes

Like, say, a small bag of cocaine?

1 Like

Yup. Unable to determine the actual source, the cops will ruin someone’s life, probably the nearest poor black family. Because obviously if there’s a crime, someone must be punished and cops are pretty flexible on whether it’s the guilty or the innocent.

10 Likes

Weird, it’s almost like the distinctions that people draw are not really all that definite, and that what you do to someone else, you really do to yourself as well…

It seems like pretty much every religion has some folksy wisdom about this (which of course goes largely ignored).

6 Likes

I wouldn’t know where to get one! Reagan’s been out of office for a long time. She’d have to settle for whiskey and hors d’oeuvres!

Read the article.

You’re right of course, my apologies.

2 Likes

I feel really sorry for the student; can you imagine the terror of a six-year-old being asked where they got some contraband by an adult with that special kind of intensity that signals severe consequences ahead? Or worse yet, that sort of fake casualness that children can usually see right through? I’m imagining the child’s eyeballs switching from side to side like windshield wipers…

I’m not saying anything else could be done, I’m just saying I have deep sympathy for the child.

6 Likes