King Tut's dagger was forged from meteorite

Different strokes for different folks. I tend to go for the high polish/high fit and finish things, but I can appreciate the “rough” finish utility stuff too. One of my favorite blades is an integral wakizashi left with a rough polished edge and a “blacksmith finish” spine that a friend made for me. It’s a gardening workhorse!

2 Likes

Potayto potahto.

I think it is because his clients mostly are people at ren fairs and such. Thus he has to price accordingly. I am always surprised at how affordable these hand forged swords and such are. Getting something 95% of the way there is good enough for most people. I have seen some of his custom commissions and they have all the little imperfections buffed out.

Fun fact - Terry Goodkind’s brother commissioned him to make the Sword of Truth, from the same titled book series.

Anyway, post more stuff sometime. I really want a katana some day, but will probably opt for a Paul Chen or something similar. Serviceable, but I just can’t afford something “real”.

Sounds like you should be posting in the Making thread. :octopus: (Assuming you’re not already and I haven’t just forgotten.)

2 Likes

Beautifully done!

1 Like

If you can afford the hundreds that a Paul Chen/Hanwei runs, then save a bit longer for the ~$2k that a “real” blade will cost you. You can get some really nice custom work for a bit more than the factory stuff will run. Not all custom blades run in the tens of thousands.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.