Kitty can't cope with a card trick

They will wait for a lonnnggg time for prey. My cat will bring a live mouse in the house and chase it around until it gets somewhere inaccessible. I always know where it’s hiding because she will be sitting still staring at that exact place. Then I get to try to get it to run into a paper bag so I can take it outside and across the street to let it go.

Unless my friend’s snake is awake and hungry…

1 Like

Don’t underestimate the value of fooling cats. It used to be a matter of life or death for us humans. Clearly “fooling the cat” is an evolutionary advantage as it beats “being eaten by the cat” in any possible way.

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s the case. Here the cat is going by a prediction, which is more complex than simply seeing something fly away. It knows from experience that the card should be launched, and it doesn’t see the card in his hand any more so it assumes it was flung far away. Of course it’s confused.

The cat looks pretty young and will eventually catch on; it will still be fooled initially but will look back and wait for him to really throw it, along with an indignant look that says “you’re how old and still acting like a brat?”

1 Like

7 Likes

Oh sure, make fun of the creature whose brain is the size of a walnut

1 Like

Especially liked for naming your cat Baldric!

2 Likes

It is funny to see a lot of people acting superior that a random cat is shown falling for a trick (card-palming) that is only learned because it is routinely and predictably effective on humans.

When a magician palms a card in front of them, I doubt they start theorizing that their brains are more child-like and immature than cats.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.