KKK vs D&D: the surprising, high fantasy vocabulary of racism

Except it’s not about disliking white men, it’s about pointing out inequalities. It’s not about you personally, and sometimes, you don’t actually understand. That’s why sometimes it’s not a bad idea to just listen. It’s actually a good way to express solidarity with others.

And that they like D&D… :wink:

2 Likes

Again, that’s not what happening. None of us are NOI members. Are there people who just want to hate white guys - sure. But to think that the majority of people talking about this stuff are motivated by that as opposed to their own experiences with racism/sexism/whatever, well, it’s sort of myopic.

I couldn’t agree more. But there are people who will not listen and dismiss whatever is said out of hand, simply because they don’t see it.

3 Likes

They had places to go hang out other than home or work and they had local social circles other than just family and coworkers. Perhaps for many in the klan’s demographic, TV and internet are not a sufficient substitute for that. I’m sure that’s true for other organizations as well, but they’re less likely to make headlines.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, lictors carried the fasces – a bundle of wooden rods tied together, symbolizing strength in unity. From ‘fasces’, we get the word ‘fascism’.

I’m sure that’s just a coincidence.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.